Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Transfer-2009-current OPT status

Hi,
    I just received my H-1B approval today!Currently,I am on OPT and working for Company XYZ since March 2009.Company XYZ filed for my H-1B on April 1,2009 under the advanced degree quota.I work only 25 hours/week and my salary is under $2500/month at this company.I applied for a position at Company B,got interviewed and received a job offer from Company B recently.Now,do I need paystubs for H-1B transfer to Company B in my case if I apply for the transfer before October'09?I received a job offer from Company B recently.
    Also,IF paystubs are required,will my low pay become a hindrance in transferring my H-1B?I have come to know that H-1B transfer rules are different for OPT candidates and hence I want to make sure before proceeding further in this matter.

I would highly appreciate your comments on this.Thank you very much in advance

Sanjay G.

You should ask the new company to file for H1b transfer immediately now before Oct 1st. As you are on OPT currently, the paystubs to prove OPT are not required to have X amount or an underlying LCA to meet prewailing wages.

Once you are on H1b, it becomes mandatory.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X