Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa transfer onto new passport?

Hello

I recently got naturalized as a British citizen and in the process lost my Indian citizenship. I have a valid H1B visa on my Indian passport.

Would anybody know what is the process to get this H1B visa transferred onto my British passport.

I am currently in London (UK) and would like to get this done at the American embassy in London

Any pointers would be very helpful.

Thanks,

I am guessing you would have to get it stamped again if you want to use the H1b. There is no transfer procedure.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonBoy View Post
      Hello

I recently got naturalized as a British citizen and in the process lost my Indian citizenship. I have a valid H1B visa on my Indian passport.

Would anybody know what is the process to get this H1B visa transferred onto my British passport.

I am currently in London (UK) and would like to get this done at the American embassy in London

Any pointers would be very helpful.

Thanks,
      -- It's not like transfer stamp, just apply again for visa stamp, the Embassy have all records with them, you must have all documents which you applied for your visa stamp which one on the Indian passport, it's easy process and embassy will stamp it back on new british passport. for more info call US Embassy in London. there is no special process.
      -- OMM

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X