Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Stamping

Hi Folks,
    I have query regarding my H1 extension, I got my H1 through reputed organization from 'xxx' and I quit company just before my h1 expires and joined another reputed company 'yyy' and was working on extension and because of economy i was abt to loose job and i was transferred to india office and now working from India office before coming back to India i transferred to small desi company 'AAA' (around 200 consultants working worldwide) now I am planning to for stamping, right now I don't have project in hand,
    1) How safe is to go for stamping without a project (But I am not going to US until I have a project in hand but only to be ready with stamping incase if i get a project i shall fly immediately).
    2) My Employer is telling me if i go for stamping tell VO office that I am going for my parent company in US and I shall be working for in-house project.

3) Employer has given special cover only to be opened by VO Office about financial statements about the company.

And all the necessary documents to support that he will be taking care in US.

fyi i have 9 and half years of IT Experience.

can you please answer above query.

I just went for a H1B extension stamping in Chennai, India and got it without any issues. I showed them my pay stubs for the last 1 year and my employment verification letter and the client letter.

However, one guy (Fresh H1B) who was in front of me in the line got rejected because he did not have a proper project in hand. He told that he will be temporarily working for an in-house project and then his employer will find him a client project. He got rejected for that. I believe it is not advisable to go for stamping with a in-house project. If you do so, go with proper project documentation. Get proper documentation from your employer describing the project in detail, the duration of the project and your roles and responsibilities in that project. Also, have proof that you will be paid as mentioned in your petition even on the in-house project. If you go without these, then I beleive the chances of getting the stamping is very minimum.
    Last edited by shervin143; 07-23-2009, 01:43 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H1 Extension Stamping

Thanks friend for sharing your experience and providing valuable info.. as you said I do have all the necessary supporting documents to show that he will pay what ever he has mentioned and also project details..

Any advise from any of our snr members.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X