Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer -- Urgent, Pls help.

Hi there,
    I am working for company A thru H1B visa and I got an offer from company B. Now, B is in the process of applying my visa transfer. I got the offer letter on July 10 and I sent my papers for transfer on July 13. My new HR says that the process has changed and they need to file a certain form and wait for approval before filing the transfer. I am not sure what the new process or pre-approval is.

Can senior members please throw some light on what the new process/pre-approval is?
    How long does it usually take? I have been waiting for 2 weeks now.

P.S. My new company will be doing a premium process.

Thanks in advance,
    Last edited by gaya3vijay; 07-24-2009, 06:44 PM.

They must be talking about the LCA and nothing has changed. They might be talking about icert too.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for ur quick reply. Is this part of the h1b transfer? How long does it take usually?

Thanks

Comment

for any H1, first an LCA has to be filed with Dept. of Labor. Earlier this used to take a day or two via fax, but to make the process more efficient and online icert was introduced and now the process takes at least a week. And since this is a new system it is down for maintainence quite often. So in the efficient govt way you gotta wait longer. H1 cannot be filed without iCert.

(transfer is not real just a technical term, all H1s are processed the same way, the only difference is that when filing as transfer you can start working for the other company even before the new H1 is approved.)

Comment

Thanks for the detailed info. What is the max. time that this can take? What if my visa is revoked in the meantime?

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X