Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I-94 & I-797.. H1B - Dates are different !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 & I-797.. H1B - Dates are different !!!

I have a question related to my I-94 card. Please help me with this issue.
    I have transfer my H1b to company A to company B and I have valid I-797 and I-94 attached to I-797 till Sep 2010.

When I recently re-entered USA in April, at port of entry I got I-94 card which is expiring in September 2009. This is the same date of my Visa expiry date.

My Wife got visa till Sep 2010 same date as of my new I-797 but at port of entry she also got I-94 till September 2009.

Please help me with this issue and please let me know what I have to do to renew my I-94 or will my old I-94 which came with I-797 is valid.

I have talk to few people and they told me the old I-94 is valid. Is this right..??

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

You have not showed the latest I797 at POE for the officer to give you the new I-94 till the new approval date. The I-94 on the approval notice should have been returned when you left the country as it has the same number as the previous white I-94.

Unfortunately, your status ends Sep 2009 as per your latest white I-94 from POE.

Couple of things.

1. Go to CBP office at international airport with the approval notice and try to get the date changed. They may or may not change it as it is not their fault.

2. Your company has to apply for another H1b extension which is risky as H1b extensions have been a problem.

3. Try to travel and return from a neighboring country and return the old I-94 and get a new one at CBP explaining your situation.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      You have not showed the latest I797 at POE for the officer to give you the new I-94 till the new approval date. The I-94 on the approval notice should have been returned when you left the country as it has the same number as the previous white I-94.

Unfortunately, your status ends Sep 2009 as per your latest white I-94 from POE.

Couple of things.

1. Go to CBP office at international airport with the approval notice and try to get the date changed. They may or may not change it as it is not their fault.

2. Your company has to apply for another H1b extension which is risky as H1b extensions have been a problem.

3. Try to travel and return from a neighboring country and return the old I-94 and get a new one at CBP explaining your situation.
      Hi..

Thanks for your reply.

I have showed the latest I-797 to the officer when I re-entered the USA and I also wrote my Company B details on I-94.

I was unaware of returning the new I-94 while I was leaving USA but I returned the old I-94.

Do I need to carry any other documents to CBP? What will they ask …?

Please advice…

Thank you very much for your help…

Regards,
      KK

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X