H1B Stamping Chennai - Urgent Please help me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping Chennai - Urgent Please help me

I returned to US January 2008, after six months I changed my employer. I am planning to go to India mid August 2009 for my personal work and planning to attend visa interview.My visa is valid till, August 2011. This is my second trip to india. Please advice me.

Regards
    Kar
    Last edited by Kar; 07-28-2009, 09:48 PM.

What do you want? You don't need a new visa.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by Kar View Post
      I returned to US January 2008, after six months I changed my employer. I am planning to go to India mid August 2009 for my personal work and planning to attend visa interview.My visa is valid till, August 2011. This is my second trip to india. Please advice me.

Regards
      Kar
      -- hey your visa is valid upto Aug 2011, you don't need to go for visa stamp.. did you really understand the VISA and the H1B process??
      you can travel upto aug 2011, after Aug 2011 if you want to travel outside USA and return back to USa then you have to go for new visa stamp...
      why you Generate this Query if you know the H1B visa stamp...!
      -- OMM

Comment

Txh1b and OMM,

Just to understand clear...

as per Kar original Question, He came to US thru employer A and after 6 months he changed his employer. (assuming H1 transfer done) and Now he’s going back to India and thinking about going for stamping...using the New employer petetion papers. SO as per your reply , he need not to go for stamping? His initial H1b Visa valid until Aug 2011 is good even after he changed the employer?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

That is right. There is no need to go for stamping. My friend's case was the same. He had the visa stamped from Company A. He then transferred his H1 to Company B. Later he went to India and came back without stamping.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Spri View Post
            Txh1b and OMM,

Just to understand clear...

as per Kar original Question, He came to US thru employer A and after 6 months he changed his employer. (assuming H1 transfer done) and Now he’s going back to India and thinking about going for stamping...using the New employer petetion papers. SO as per your reply , he need not to go for stamping? His initial H1b Visa valid until Aug 2011 is good even after he changed the employer?

Thanks in advance!
            -- YES, you also need to understand H1B visa stamp & it's validity..... his visa is valid upto his validity date (aug 2011), NO problem with visa stamp anyone can join any employers, visa stamp is for enter back to USA,
            did you means Example: if he change new employer every 4 to 6 months then he will go for stamp everytime??? right???? comon man.. so, better to read more and search on google too.
            -- OMM
            Last edited by OMM; 07-29-2009, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks a Lot all your response.My visa is valid till Dec 2nd week, 2009.
              My petition is valid till August, 2011. I am planning to return September 2nd week. Shall I need to go for Stamping?.

Regards
              Kar

Comment

You confused man.... OK..

Thanks a Lot all your response.My visa is valid till Dec 2nd week, 2009.
                My petition is valid till August, 2011. I am planning to return September 2nd week. Shall I need to go for Stamping?.

Regards
                Kar
                -- ohh comon man , you also have to know difference between VISA stamp and Petition.. kidding you but your post you posted it was about valid visa.. ok forget it..
                remember you can enter into USA before expired your visa, you can stay into USA but if you need to go back indian and comeback to the USA after your visa expiered you need visa stamp... now tell us you are comming back before your visa expiered or not? if yes then why you need to go for stamping? stay into the USA and you can also go for stamping later when you plan to trip for the India. or you can go to Mexico or canada for stamping.. Read more in immihelp.
                -- OMM

Comment

Thanks a Lot for your feedbacks.My employer also confirmed not necessary go for stamping.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
                  Kar

Comment

Finally!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
                      Finally!
                      Finally...txh1b rock!!

Comment

Thanks a Lot for your feedbacks.My employer also confirmed not necessary go for stamping.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards
                        Kar
                        -- Great!! Finally you get the solution...!!
                        -- OMM..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X