H4 to H1 visa stamping at calgary and H1 extension stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to H1 visa stamping at calgary and H1 extension stamping

I have a appointment at calgary, canada for my 7th year H1 extension visa stamping.

My spouse entered the US on H4, she has a MBBS degree from india and she got H1 sponsored by a reputed university to do research.

I read on the posts that first time H4 to H1 stamping might pose a issue in canada if a person does not have degrees from US or Canada.

Please let me know if any one had experience stamping from H4 to H1 and for H1 what all documents were asked ?

a. DS-156 and DS-157
    b. I-797
    c. Employment verification letter
    d. Paystubs
    d. Passport
    e. Application Fee
    f. Past visas, I-20
    g. Income tax returns, apt lease agreement
    h. Marriage certificate for spouse

Thanks
    Sunil

Additional documents that may need to carry.

1) Bank Statements (6 months)
    2) Two Passport size photographs (Check the USCIS web site for the specification of the photograph)
    3) All your original degree certificates and mark sheets (Even though it is an extension, they might ask sometimes)
    4) Exprience letters: your previous offer letters and relieving letters.
    5) Client letter if you work at a client location (Not mandatory, but preferable)
    6) Your latest resume.

Thanks,
    Shervin
    Last edited by shervin143; 07-29-2009, 03:20 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

What in the world is a relieving letter? No US company that I have worked with ever gives one. You resign, go through an exit interview after the notice period and get your final paycheck. Pretty much it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

I have the relieving letters from all the 3 companies that I worked in India. In U.S I worked with two previous employers (One Indian Consultancy Company and One American Company) and I managed to get the relieving letter from both the companies. I just asked for this letter because I heard it is very much useful while applying for GC.

This is what is in my relieving letters (Printed in the company's letter head with the manager's signature at the bottom)

My full name
        Employee Id
        Designation
        Period (From date - To date)
        Roles and Responsibilities

Thanks,
        Shervin
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X