Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

visa expired. can i travel to india with my I-797/i-94 and get it stamped in india

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • visa expired. can i travel to india with my I-797/i-94 and get it stamped in india

    visa expired. can i travel to india with my new I-797/i-94 and get it stamped in india. the airline is saying that even to travel to india you need to have valid visa. my itinerary is nashville - chicago - frankfurt -delhi- hyderabad. it is same flight from chicago to delhi


    Thanks

  • #2
    Yes You can Travel....

    Originally posted by tirumal View Post
    visa expired. can i travel to india with my new I-797/i-94 and get it stamped in india. the airline is saying that even to travel to india you need to have valid visa. my itinerary is nashville - chicago - frankfurt -delhi- hyderabad. it is same flight from chicago to delhi


    Thanks
    -- you can travel to India if your H1B visa Expiered , when you plan to Enter back to the USA then you need Visa stamp, that you will be do in India.

    -- OMM

    Comment


    • #3
      Your airlines is right. If you are travelling through Europe, then you need to have a valid U.S visa stamped. It sounds stupid, but that is how it is. Otherwise you need to have a transit visa to the country where you will be taking the connecting flight. I had the same issue when I travelled to India last month. My travel agent advised me to travel through Brussels (Belgium) where an expired U.S visa is not a problem. Do not travel through U.K, Germany or France with an expired U.S visa. You can travel through Belgium (Brussels), any Asian countries (Singapore/Malaysai/Korea - If you are travelling from the west coast) or through Dubai.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
        Your airlines is right. If you are travelling through Europe, then you need to have a valid U.S visa stamped. It sounds stupid, but that is how it is. Otherwise you need to have a transit visa to the country where you will be taking the connecting flight. I had the same issue when I travelled to India last month. My travel agent advised me to travel through Brussels (Belgium) where an expired U.S visa is not a problem. Do not travel through U.K, Germany or France with an expired U.S visa. You can travel through Belgium (Brussels), any Asian countries (Singapore/Malaysai/Korea - If you are travelling from the west coast) or through Dubai.
        -- Not needed any transit visa if you change GATE inside the Airports, if you change terminals outside Airport then you need transit visa. you can travel.
        -- OMM.

        Comment


        • #5
          I know a guy (x-colleague) who had issues with an expired visa in the Heathrow airport in U.K. Ok, do this. Write an email to the consulate of Germany (Since you are travelling through Frankfurt) explaining your situation. If they say that it isn't a problem, then take a printout of that email and carry with you when you travel. Just to be on the safe side.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

          Comment


          • #6
            Hi ,

            This is as per my discussion with Travel Agents (Make My Trip) - If your Visa is expired then you need the Transit Visa for UK , Germany (Frankfurt) while going back to India.
            Not needed for Brussels , Amsterdam ,asian Countries as mentioned by shervin143.
            So I travelled from Newark to New Delhi directly by Continental AirLines(which is the best option in this case).

            This is for the Transit Visa required when changing Gates or Terminals.
            This is my experience last week only while coming back to USA visa Frankfurt .I had to change the Gates from C15 to C16 in Frankfurt , that time also my Visa was checked by the officer (which was valid as I got it stamped again in India).
            So it seems that with the expired visa - it may create problems even if you are changing Gates within the Airport.

            Thanks and Regards,
            Abhay

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm travelling thru Frankfurt next month, I talk to German Embassy in Houston, they told me no need of trasit visa. I probably think it's may be safe to get email confirmation from them.

              Call lufthansa helpdesk, ask them for German Embassy close to your place.. and talk to them. They will give you what exactly needed.

              Comment


              • #8
                Follow this link https://www.immihelp.com/foreign-transit-visa-requirements-for-india-usa-travel/

                https://www.immihelp.com/foreign-tra...ia-usa-travel/

                Comment


                • #9
                  For West Coast : You can Travel with expired VISA H1B

                  Make sure you are not travelling through Europe and always have your approved I797 with you so can be presented at airport if requested.

                  You can go via any Asian countries. If you check Airlines they normally ask you to check with local Embassy. I personally checked with South Korea and Singapore embassy. For south Korea all they need is valid passport with citizenship of destination country and Singapore all they need valid approval doc from U.S.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    What happened with ur frnd? Can u pls share his experience? Thank u

                    Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                    I know a guy (x-colleague) who had issues with an expired visa in the Heathrow airport in U.K. Ok, do this. Write an email to the consulate of Germany (Since you are travelling through Frankfurt) explaining your situation. If they say that it isn't a problem, then take a printout of that email and carry with you when you travel. Just to be on the safe side.
                    Can u pls share ur frnds experience?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by OMM View Post
                      -- you can travel to India if your H1B visa Expiered , when you plan to Enter back to the USA then you need Visa stamp, that you will be do in India.

                      -- OMM
                      According to new 2017 guidlines,
                      1.you need a Direct Airside Transit visa https://www.gov.uk/transit-visa to lets say go from New York -> London -> Mumbai. $48 fees
                      2.If you plan to enter the UK for less than 48 hrs from landing to takeoff in Transit , ( lets say for a layover ) then you need a different type of Visa i.e. Visitor in Transit visa $87
                      3. If you plan to stay or visit the UK for more than 48 hours just as a visitor without intent of working then you need a "Visitor Visa"

                      Please check https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by abhayg4 View Post
                        Hi ,

                        This is as per my discussion with Travel Agents (Make My Trip) - If your Visa is expired then you need the Transit Visa for UK , Germany (Frankfurt) while going back to India.
                        Not needed for Brussels , Amsterdam ,asian Countries as mentioned by shervin143.
                        So I travelled from Newark to New Delhi directly by Continental AirLines(which is the best option in this case).

                        This is for the Transit Visa required when changing Gates or Terminals.
                        This is my experience last week only while coming back to USA visa Frankfurt .I had to change the Gates from C15 to C16 in Frankfurt , that time also my Visa was checked by the officer (which was valid as I got it stamped again in India).
                        So it seems that with the expired visa - it may create problems even if you are changing Gates within the Airport.

                        Thanks and Regards,
                        Abhay
                        I traveled safely from USA to India through Franfurt with an expired VISA stamp on 10-Oct-2017.

                        Please refer to the attached screenshot for the popup on Lufthansa Website while doing the online check-in, I had also received a mail confirmation from the German Consulate in Houston that no Airport Transit VISA is needed.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-10-10-PHOTO-00000043.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	590661

                        However, German Consulate in Chennai told me that I need Airport Transit VISA even if the layover is only 30 mins >>> this was totally WRONG !!!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X