Applying for Visa - Chances of getting approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for Visa - Chances of getting approval

I am from India and I have a "Bachelor of Computer Applications" (BCA) degree which I did as a correspondence/distance education program. It is a 3 year degree course. I have more than 3 year work experience as well (I was working full time along with the course). I am currently working as an "independent contractor" offering "Remote Server Administration" service to a few clients based in US. One of the client (which is a LLC company) with whom I have been contracted for more than 2 years wants me to work with them as their employee (since they are very much impressed with my work!) and expressed their interest that they can sponsor my Visa, etc.

My concern is whether I would get Visa since I did a 3 year degree course as the requirements say "4 year equivalent degree"? I hope the experience certificate will help me gather some points. What are the chances of getting a Visa for me? Thanks in advance for any valuable suggestions.

I am from India and I have a "Bachelor of Computer Applications" (BCA) degree which I did as a correspondence/distance education program. It is a 3 year degree course. I have more than 3 year work experience as well (I was working full time along with the course). I am currently working as an "independent contractor" offering "Remote Server Administration" service to a few clients based in US. One of the client (which is a LLC company) with whom I have been contracted for more than 2 years wants me to work with them as their employee (since they are very much impressed with my work!) and expressed their interest that they can sponsor my Visa, etc.

My concern is whether I would get Visa since I did a 3 year degree course as the requirements say "4 year equivalent degree"? I hope the experience certificate will help me gather some points. What are the chances of getting a Visa for me? Thanks in advance for any valuable suggestions.

---- You and your employer have to prove to the USCIS when applying for H1 pettion that your qualifications are suitable for the job that you intend doing and that the company has no alternative other that employing you for the job as there are no other applicants. Speak to your employer and their attorney in these matters

Subramanya

Comment

Thank you for your reply. So does that mean they will consider 3 year degrees like BCA, B.Sc, etc. with minimum 3 years work experience as "equivalent of 4 year bachelors degree" which is mentioned in their eligibility criteria?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X