Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Employer not giving paystub and I-797

Hi,

My name is Akhilesh, Guys i need your help ASAP, I was working with company A till dec 2008 as full time employee i got laid off from my job so I transfered my H1 to a software consultancy Company B. My visa transfer got approved on march 2009.After that i am trying to find the project but not succeeded in this tuff market situation. Now its Aug 2009 and i have got some serious medical emergency back home in india.
    1) I asked my employer to give me pay stub so that i can go and get stamped in india.He refused. He have also refused to give me My LCA and I-797 . Is it not employers obligation to pay me eevn though i am on bench?
    2) Is this will get me out of status.?
    3) How can i get my pay stub and H1 documents from him??
    4) Employer asked me too pay 1600$ to get I-797 also he had taken money from me for H1 transfer? Is it not illegal
    5) I want to transfer my H1 to F1 for that i need paystubs ? what should as employer refuses to give me pay? can H1 status be changed on F1 without pay stubs.

Too common of an issue to even respond. Read other posts.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X