Deputation in India for 6 months by an US employer US on H1B visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deputation in India for 6 months by an US employer US on H1B visa

Currently I work on H1 visa in US and I'm being Hired by another US employer for deputation in India for six months. They'll get my H1 transferred to their company.

I'll work in their HQ in Houston and they'll train me for 2 weeks and I'll get one salary. After that I'll be deputed to work on a Project in India in their Indian subsidary and they'll issue me salary from India in Indian currency. (no payroll from US employer)

Will I be able to return back to US being on H1 visa, after six months.

Thanks,
    Last edited by afxgetapp; 08-10-2009, 07:44 AM.

Yes, you can provided they have you back on US payroll after you enter and the position/job remains the same as per the H1b petition.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

Once I retrun US back from my project deputation, wouldn't USCIS require me to show them three recent pay stubs from my US employer?

Comment

No because the moment you leave the US soil, you do not hold any "status" as such. Status only applies when you are inside US and as long as you get paid for that period and have a job upon return, you will be fine.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X