Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 stamping,cos from B1 to H4.

hi all,

i entered usa on B1visa for the project work in september2008.my wife came on H1(valid till october2011) in november2008.
    i applied for changed my status from B1 to H4 with all my wifes H1 documents and the petition got approved.i got a new I94 with H4 valid till october 2011.
    my question is:
    can i go to canada,mexico or bahamas to get the H4 visa stamped in my passport?
    or Do i have to go to home country(india)for the stamping?
    I have to go to india in january for one month.Im just worried about the stamping delays in chennai consulate.
    members,please advice me on this issue.if i have a chance for stamping in canadamexico or bahamas i would happily get stamped here.

You could go to a third country for stamping but be prepared to leave directly from there if there is any rejection and apply in home country.

If the visit is going to be short, you could return using the B1/B2 if that is still valid upon a rejection but do not plan on a COS again as entering US on a B2 with an intent to change status is fraud.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X