Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent Help for H4 visa

Hi,
    I am on H1B had to go to India for some family issue so i left the project and went to India for 8 months while i was in India I got married and now i am back to USA. I want to apply for H4 of my wife but i dont have latest pay stub as i was i India for past 8 months..i am on project right now..can i apply for H4 visa? i have w2s for past 3 years..I have always been on project while i was in usa..
    Thanks in advance for the answer to my question..
    Regards,
    Alok Varia

Yes, you can. Send the latest paystub.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for prompt reply latest pay stub means one which is 8 months old?bcoz i was outside usa for 8 months and i just came back so i dont have any recent pay stub..

Comment

Wont you get one as you are now back and are working? I would not suggest that she appear with paystubs that are 8 months old.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Yes i will get one at the end of month, how many recent pay stubs i should get so its secure for her to get visa? My company pay me monthly so if i need couple of pay stubs than she has to wait in India for few months? cant she tell US gov that my husband was in India for last few months now he is back in the project so i dont have recent pay stubs of his..and provide them my employement letter?

Comment

As long as you show that you have been getting paid since you entered again, the visa should not be a aproblem. Your I-94 will have the entry date and you will be sending copies of those for the visa interview along with your passport entry stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by alkingson View Post
              Yes i will get one at the end of month, how many recent pay stubs i should get so its secure for her to get visa? My company pay me monthly so if i need couple of pay stubs than she has to wait in India for few months? cant she tell US gov that my husband was in India for last few months now he is back in the project so i dont have recent pay stubs of his..and provide them my employement letter?
              --- In simple language.
              You need recent pay stubs after when you return back to the USA from the India (Read H4 Visa FAQ and H4 Visa documentation part in immihelp visa section).

Forget the 8months you spent in India (vacation), start from the NEW.

send recent pay stubs , I94 with visa stamp, I797 etc mandatory docs for H4 visa.

-- OMM
              Last edited by OMM; 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM.

Comment

thanks guys i think i will wait for 2 pay stubs so she can apply in october..i guess thats how USA gov works they love to keep family apart..one small suggestion can you guys add a link to donation so if someone likes the suggestion and wants to donate as a token of appreciation they can do so..

Comment

i guess thats how USA gov works they love to keep family apart...
                  Really? Did the US gov ask you to leave your wife back and travel away from her?

Comment

thanks guys i think i will wait for 2 pay stubs so she can apply in october..i guess thats how USA gov works they love to keep family apart..one small suggestion can you guys add a link to donation so if someone likes the suggestion and wants to donate as a token of appreciation they can do so..
                    I don't think this site collects donations from the forum users. The forum is a free service and the answers are given by unpaid volunteers.

No, US govt does not keep families apart. The fact that dependent visas are available is an indication that your statement isn't true. As long as the laws are being followed, your family will get a visa.

If you have a DL at home and a cop stops you on the road driving a vehicle, how can a cop believe you have a DL without you producing the document for verification? Same way, VOs go by the laws and rules to approve visas as after 9/11, VOs have been held responsible to a higher degree if something wrong happens.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X