Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Questions

Hi Guys

My wife will be going for H4 stamping next month in Hyderabad. I have gone through the H4 requirements and documentation. I just had few doubts in my mind which I wanted to discuss with you guys and see if I can get any answer.

1. Is there any PIMS check for the first time H4 dependent visa in India.

2. Is it mandatory to have my name of my spouse's passport.

3. The Pay Stubs, W2 forms and Bank statements can be a copy and need not be original (or) Notarized. Please correct me if I am wrong.

4. Does she need to take a client letter from my current client.

5. Can we have the same day passport issue at the Hyderabad US consulate.

Please help me with the following questions.

Thanks

1. PIMS is on the H1b petition, not on the candidate.
    2. No
    3. Correct.
    4. Not required but doesn't hurt to prove you are working if asked.
    5. I don't think so.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Let me modify question number 5:

Can I we the Passport atleast the next day after the issuance of the visa. My friend told me he got his wife's passport the next day in chennai from another building belonging to Chennai US embassy.

Comment

Collection of visa is allowed from the VFS office once they have the passport. You cannot expect them to have the passport the next day. It depends on the consulate.

VFS keeps the passport till 5 pm the day it gets the PP from the consulate and if it is not picked up from the office, it sends by courier in Chennai.

As far as VFS Hyd goes, you need to find out if they offer a collection from their office and update the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Check the VFS FAQs. It is clearly written. Why not spend a few minutes on google? I found the answer as soon as I checked VFS.

Q. What is ‘Counter Passport Collection’?

It is a facility whereby you can collect your passport prior to it being couriered to you. Passports will be handed over across the counter ONLY at the VFS application centre in the city where you were interviewed.

To collect your passport across the VFS counter, you must carry :

A clear photocopy of the HDFC Fee Receipt. Immigrant visa applicants need to produce a copy of the VFS receipt in place of the HDFC receipt.

Your original government recognized photo id. E.g Pan card, Driving License, Voter’s id card along with a photocopy.

If a representative is collecting the passport on your behalf, even in case of family members they MUST carry:

The original HDFC fee receipt along with a clear photocopy. Immigrant visa applicants need to produce a copy of the VFS receipt in place of the HDFC receipt.

The original government recognized photo id .Eg: Pan Card , Driving license or Voter’s id card of the representative along with a photocopy

An authority letter signed by the applicant, authorizing the representative to collect the passport. The authority letter must contain the following information:

Full name of the representative as mentioned on the photo id card.

Name of the applicant whose passport is to be collected.

HDFC Receipt number of applicant whose passport is to be collected. Immigrant visa applicants must mention the VFS receipt number on the letter.

In case the applicant is below 16 years of age, then the following documents would be required:

The original HDFC fee receipt. Immigrant visa applicants need to produce a copy of the VFS receipt in place of the HDFC receipt.

Original signed authority letter from either parent.

A clear photocopy of the government recognized photo id .Eg: Pan Card, Driving license, Voter’s id card of the parent who has signed the authority letter

The original government recognized photo id .Eg: Pan Card, Driving license of the representative.

Please note: In case of a group / family, a single authority letter with the required information of each of the applicant’s will be accepted.

We regret the inconvenience this might cause you however due to security concerns and to ensure the safe return of your passport ,we will be unable to counter deliver the passport if any of the above mentioned documents are not available.

Please refer to the details and timings for collection in the 5 centres in India:
          Applicants interviewed at the U.S.Embassy, New Delhi

Applicants may receive their passport in all probability the next working day after the interview. Most passports are returned within 2 - 3 business days of the interview.

Applicants interviewed at the U.S.Consulate, Chennai

Applicants may receive their passport in all probability the next working day after the interview. Most passports are returned within 2- 3 business days of the interview.

Applicants interviewed at the U.S.Consulate, Mumbai

Applicants may receive their passport in all probability on the next working day of the interview and if not received, then the next working day. Most passports are returned within 2 -3 business days of the interview.

Applicants interviewed at the U.S.Consulate, Kolkata

Applicants may receive their passport in all probability the next working day after the interview. Most passports are returned within 2 -3 business days of the interview.

Applicants interviewed at the U.S.Consulate, Hyderabad

Applicants may receive their passport in all probability the next working day after the interview. Most passports are returned within 2 -3 business days of the interview.

Refer to the chart below for the address and counter collection timings at the 5 centres in India

Application Centre Counter Passport Collection Timing
          New Delhi U.S. Visa Application centre, International Trade Tower, S-2 Level, Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019 1600hrs-1700hrs
          Chennai U.S. Visa Application centre, No.14, New No.4,
          Sadasivam Street,Gopalapuram,Chennai-600086.
          1600hrs-1700hrs
          Mumbai U.S. Visa Application centre, Tirupati Apartments, Bhulabhai Desai Road, Opp. Mahalakshmi Temple, Mumbai - 400026. 1630hrs-1700hrs
          Kolkata U.S. Visa Application centre, Om Towers, 14th floor, 32 Chowringhee Road, Next to Park Street Metro, Kolkatta - 700 071. 1400hrs-1600hrs
          Hyderabad U.S. Visa Application centre, 1-8-313 Second floor, ‘LINUS’,Chiran Fort Club Lane, Begumpeth,Hyderabad-500016 1500hrs-1600hrs

Comment

Thanks txh1b, I am humbled by your reply.

I realy was unaware of the term called "Counter Passport Collection", I did search the google before posting the question here. I guess I was looking at wrong places.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X