Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

Unique Case H1 to F1 or F2

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Unique Case H1 to F1 or F2

    Currently, i am in H1b and my Spouce is in H4. She is attending school in H4 visa (She got stamp and has valid i-94 till June 2011). My employer said my job will be termineted after 1 month. Can my spouce change H4 to F1 and start to attend the school or she has to wait until she get F1 COS approved? In the mean time, can i change my H1 to her f2(dependent) once she file F1 but not approved.

    And are there any other options if i did not get a job to transfer my H1B?


  • #2
    This is what she needs to do. Get an I-20 for her and you, pay the SEVIS fee, apply for COS from H4 to F1 for her and H1 to F2 for you. Make sure you show enough funds in the bank or the COS could get denied. The International students office should be able to help and guide.

    She can continue going to school as long as the COS is applied before you lose the H1b status.

    I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.