Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Time Applied and H1b approved for only 2 Years..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Time Applied and H1b approved for only 2 Years..........

I applied for First time H1b for FY 2010 .Now i have got approval.
    But My H1b is approved for only 2 years.I asked my employer for the reason and they told me that they filed my petition for 2 years only. As they say it was difficult to get 3 year approval this year .
    They say that we had informed you about this at the time of filing the petition , which is not true.

Now what should i do.

can this approval be increased for 3 years
    is there any way like filing amendment petition to get it approved for 3 years.

will a 2 year approval cause any problem during visa stamping.

Will a 2 year approval cause any problem in future when i will go for further visa extension.

Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No need to worry about the 2 years duration of approval, just go ahead for stamping and working as usual and file for extension when the petition is about to expire within 6 months.

Comment

Thanks for Reply
      But I have not Heard/Read about anyone who applied for H1b for the first time and got H1b approval

for only 2 years ,so i am confused...As Every First time H1b applier gets approval for 3 years.

so can the validity period in approval be increased to 3 years by filing amendment petition

or is there any other way to do this.

Because of my 2 years approval will visa officer raise any objection in visa interview .

Please Advice .Thanks in advance.

Comment

Recently there have been cases when approval has been for an year only or extension for six months only, depending on the length of the work order. Once again, thats not a cause of worry.

Comment

Nowadays most of the people are getting only 2 years when they apply for visa. Unless you are joining a reputed full time company in U.S, it is hard to show proof of a project that runs for 3 years. You will end up having to extend it twice (More money for USCIS). No need to worry about anything else.
          Last edited by shervin143; 08-24-2009, 01:01 PM.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X