Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 B visa renewal - Working from India for past 6 months

Hi ALL there,
    I have few questions regarding my H1- B visa renewal.
    My H1- B visa will be expiring this Dec 2009. I have almost exhausted 5.5 yrs of my H1- b Visa. My I-140 is approved and I should be eligible for 3 yr extension. But my question is

1. I have been working from India for the last 6 months on an offshore engagement. I have the Deputation letter from the company. I came here to help out the offshore set up so I still get paid in US dollars. Can I apply for the visa extension being in India? I think will be here atleast till end of this year.

2. When i return to US, will it be a problem at the port of entry since I have been out of US for so long ? As mentioned I was working based on Company's requirement.

Please give your valuable advice/suggestions.

Thx,
    Arun

1. Yes
    2. No

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

2. When i return to US, will it be a problem at the port of entry since I have been out of US for so long ? As mentioned I was working based on Company's requirement.

>>>> Keep your pay stubs and the client letter with you when you enter U.S. Sometimes they might ask you at the POE.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X