f1-h-1b question pls help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f1-h-1b question pls help...

hi, im in the US right now with an F1. i applied and got approved for h1b visa which starts this oct 1 2009. do i have to enroll this fall semester? to keep my status? or jsut wait till oct 1 and start working? what would happen if i do not enroll? pls advise.. thanks all!

Ask your advisor. If you don't enroll, your F1 status is terminated in SEVIS and it would be recorded as a status violation which will cause problems in the future.

Any H1b work may also be considered unauthorized as once you are illegal (with SEVIS), your future H1b COS is also not valid.

If you don't want to enroll, leave the country, return after Sept 20th on H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

sir, if i leave the country i will just bring my approval letter and new I94? do i have to ask permission from my school? thanks

Comment

You need to talk to your school as any mess up will ruin your status.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X