Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1B - when to go for visa stamping

Hi everyone,

I have an approved H1B petition with start date Oct 1, 2009, change of status was not approved.

1. Can I go for stamping in Canada? I'm currently in the US on a B2 visa and I'm a little confused as to how the rules are at the moment.

2. Do I have to get my visa stamped before Oct 1, 2009 or can I wait until December and get it done when I'm going home anyway. How important is it to have it done before October 1?

Thanks for your feedback.

Kathrin

When does your B2 I-94 expire?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

It doesn't expire until January 20th, 2010. So I would still be in legal status. I am just not sure if I have to get my H1B stamp into the passport before Oct 1 or can I do it in December. I do understand I can't work and get paid until i enter the country on my H1B.

Thanks!

Comment

Did you read the FAQs? You can get it when you want to be working on H1b. First time H1b stamp should preferably be in home country if you don't have US education.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X