X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1-H1 confusion

Hi,

Please help to arrive at some conclusion. My case is as below:

My L1b has expiry date as of Oct 31st, 2009 and I already have extention approved till Oct 31, 2011 with I-94 through comapny A.
    Other company B applied for H1-B and got approved in COS with I-94. This is consulting company and I dont want to go for H1-B now till my project on L1-B (company A) is over. I may use that later next year i.e 2010.

1. I assume that since it is COS, my status will be change from L1-B to H1B from October 1st, 2009 and I'll be on H1-B status (void L1-B). Is it correct?

2. If #1 is true, how to avoid H1-B status and continue on the L1-B status?

3. Can I plan for the leap frog? If I leave USA before 30 Septmember and come back in mid October (may 17 October), do I need to apply for L1-B extension again?

4. Can I get I-94 for L1 till the extended period i.e. 2011 at port of entry?

5. Will there be any more complications to this case?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

What is your current status? Last action rule comes to picture here, what came last? L1 ext or H1 approval?

If H1, then yes you can do a leapfrog. No complications.
    Last edited by orion; 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

In case of leap frog can I get I-94 for L1 till the extended period i.e. 2011 at the port of entry or till visa expiry i.e. 31st October 2009?

Comment

Carry the L1 renewal petition with you and mention that you want to enter on L1 status while on PoE. You should get I-94 uptil 2011.

Comment

Thanks a lot Orion.

Comment

FYI. I got approval for L1B extension on August 13, 2009 and H1b on on August 21, 2009.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X