Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• India visit - H4 Visa

Hi,
    I would be traveling to India alone( my husband won't join me) in September. I would be returning back to USA in October. I am on H4 visa and my husband's second time H1B renewal is due next January. Has anybody experienced problems while entering USA? Also, can anybody suggest me what documents should I carry along with my passport and I -94 so that my entry to the US will be smooth.

Thanks,
    Prathi

Can anybody please reply to this post?

Comment

Hi,

Will you be going to the consulate in India to get your H4 stamped on your passport ? If this is the case, please check the application forms to find out the list of documents required.

If not, I would suggest you carry atleast the following:

1. Your H4 petition original
      2. Copy of your husband's H1
      3. Copy of your husband's passport
      4. Marriage certificate in original
      5. Lease agreement if you are renting

You need to return your I-94 to the airline employee, before you leave US. Do not carry it with you to India. You will get a new one when you reenter US.

Comment

Hi, I have a valid H4 Visa and I dont need to get it stamped during my India visit. Thanks for the reply.

By H4 petition, do you mean my husband's H1B petition??

Comment

Hi,

No. I meant your H4 petition, if you have one. It sounds like you dont have one. So just carry the copies of approved petition(s).

Comment

another H4 query similar to thread above

Hi,

My H4 and my husbands H1 has already expired in may 2009. petition for extension has been filed and we are waiting for response from USCIS since the past 1 month. My query,

1. If I visit india during this time, what problems can I face while returning back to US?

2. During my visit to India, If my husband's extension in approved, can my H4 extension procedures be done from India?

Thanks,
            swasti

Comment

1. You cannot return unless your husbands H1b is approved and you get a visa stamped if your visa already expired.
              2. Yes, you need to get a H4 visa stamp based on the new H1b approval and return.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by k_kanduri View Post
                Hi,

Will you be going to the consulate in India to get your H4 stamped on your passport ? If this is the case, please check the application forms to find out the list of documents required.

If not, I would suggest you carry atleast the following:

1. Your H4 petition original
                2. Copy of your husband's H1
                3. Copy of your husband's passport
                4. Marriage certificate in original
                5. Lease agreement if you are renting

You need to return your I-94 to the airline employee, before you leave US. Do not carry it with you to India. You will get a new one when you reenter US.
                --- What is H4 Petition? I heared first time....
                -- OMM

Comment

Hi ,

When you apply for the extension of H4 (H4 applicant is in US) using I-539, then you get I-797A petition for the dependent also with new I-94 attached at the bottom.

It is same as the principal applicant (H1) I-797 , only difference is that H4 applicant name is printed on it.

So when H4 is going for re-stamping , he/she can show H4 approved petition also in additon to H1 petition or at POE while coming back.

Thanks and Regards,
                  Abhay

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X