Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Visa stamping appointment/Interview

Hi All,

My H1B visa is expiring on 25th Feb 2010. I am planning to visit India in November 2009. My company is going to issue me my visa extension (approval) document before I leave. Will the US consulate in Mumbai issue me visa interview appointment before 90 days of my visa expiration date (25th Feb 2010)? If not then I will have to postpone my travel by couple of weeks so that I can fall within the 90 days period before my visa actually expires.

Can someone advice me on this?

Thanks.
    Vishwesh.

Hi Vishwesh,

I am not aware of this 90 day rule for Mumbai Consulate.

What I know for taking the Visa Appointment , you have to book it online using the VFS website where they show all the possible OPEN dates for the Interview and I think they don;t open the dates in 3 Months Advance!!!!!!...
    Maximum they open it for 1 month....and sometimes 15 days...

Thanks and Regards,
    Abhay

Comment

H1 Visa stamping appointment/Interview

Thanks for replying, Abhay.

I agree to the fact that the visa interview appointments won't be made available so soon. As of now they are not even issuing appointments for October 2009 let alone November 2009.

The main concern remains as to will they interview me for the visa if I have more than 90 days left on my current visa and even if I have the new visa extension documents (I-797)?

Any inputs on this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
      Vishwesh.

Comment

hi,
        I just came back from India and got my visa renewed with new i-797 at Delhi consulate. My original H1-B was expiring on Sep 30, 2009. but I got new H1-b stamped on aug 7, 2009 before original's expiry. GEtting it earlier is always better..

hope this answers your question..

Anurag

Comment

Thanks Anuraj.

I would say Yes and No as to if you answered my question.

Yes cos one thing is clear that US consulate will interview and issue visa even before your existing visa expires. And No cos I am worried if they would do the same in case I have more than 90 days left on the visa. Actually someone in my office asked me to clarify about the 90 period as the person had heard something related to that. Sorry about that.

Thanks,
          Vishwesh.

Comment

Hi All,

My question still remains unanswered. Let me put it in a simpler way.

Having more than 90 days left on my current visa, will the US consulate interview me for visa extension? In other words is it necessary to have less than 90 days left on the existing visa to qualify/apply for visa extension interview?

With due respect to Abhay and Anurag's replies ....... can the Admin or some more senior members repond to my question.

Thanks,
            Vishwesh.

Comment

You dont need to go for stamping at all. Just carry your renewal documents if you are returning to the US before expiry of the visa.

Comment

Thanks a Lot Orion, I appreciate.

Thanks,
                Vishwesh.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X