Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Urgent Help - H1B Expiring Soon

Esteemed Fellow Members and Experts,

I have an H1B visa which is expiring in November 2009.

1) I got this H1B filed through Company A in December 2004. However, I first landed in US on this Visa in June 2005. Stayed in US for 6 months (till December 2005), came back in India and again went to US in June 2006.
    2) I then got this H1B transferred to Company B in November 2006 (Got it stamped in India for validity upto November 2009), worked for this company in US for 15 months and then relocated to India within company B itself in February 2008 for personal reasons.

I am now looking for job opportunities in US. But, before I do this exercise, I would like to know about the present status of my Visa. In this regard, I have the following few questions:

1) As I understand, my H1B is still valid for a good amount of time, As I have stayed in US for 26 Months, (6 Months (June 2005 - December 2005) + 20 Months (June 2006 - February 2008), of the 6 year period. Is this understanding correct?

2) If the answer to the above question is yes, is an H1B transfer possible at this point? Can I get my H1B transferred to another employer in US sitting in India? Do I have enough time to accomplish this?

3) If transfer is not possible, is my best bet to request my present employer (Company B) to transfer me back to their US office? In this case, it would be an H1B extension by the same employer. Is this possible? Given the time at my disposal, would this require premium processing?

4) If getting a job opportunity in US within company B doesn't work out, are there any sponsors available in India, who could get my H1B transferred in their name and get me an opportunity in US? Would appreciate any pointers/information on the list of renowned H1B sponsors in India.

I would really appreciate your responses, as I do not have much time at hand.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Puneet

1. Yes
    2. Yes. Read the FAQs.
    3. This is also possible.PP is optional.
    4. You have to figure this out.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X