Regarding H1B Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding H1B Transfer

I’ve the below questions regarding H1B transfer.

I’ve filed H1B through Employer A (USA) and I got my H1B visa stamped in Sep’08.
    I’m still in India but meanwhile I’m getting an opportunity to work in US through Employer B (India).

Is it possible to transfer my H1B visa at this stage and travel to US for Employer B? If so, how can I proceed with this and what’re the documents required doing the same?
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

There is really no concept of "transfer". You will have to get H1 visa stamped for employer B, as if you never got any visa stamped through employer A.

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h1-visa-transfer-faq/
    Immihelp Support

Comment

I’ve got my H1B stamped through Employer A in Sep’08.
      Now I’m getting opportunities through Employer B so my visa needs to be transferred to work for Employer B.

I just wanted to know if it can be done without having I-94 and Pay stubs (since I’m in India still).

How much it would cost, how long it would take for transfer and what are the documents I need to submit?
      Immihelp Support

Comment

Hi,

I'm looking for a H1 Transfer. I have visa stamp valid till 2011 and still in India. Can you share details of employers who can help with H1 transfer?

I would appreciate this information you give.

Comment

if you are not is USA then you cannot get a transfer, a fresh H1 will be applied and you can come to US when it is approved. but you will not be subject to cap (not that it matters right now)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X