Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I 94 Date Issue at POE

HI All,
    I currently have 797 approval document from Nov 2009 to Nov 2012 and My current 797 document is valid till Nov 2009.When i was coming back from india last week at POE the immigration officer gave me I 94 dated till Nov 2009.I said to him that as i have 797 till Nov 2012 i should get I 94 till that date.But he insisted saying as the current document is still valid he can only go with that.He cant give me I 94 date on my future 797 starting from Nov 2009.I kept asking him for about 5 min but again dint wanted argue a lot as it was border security immigration.

So what should i do now.Can i stay here after Nov 2009 or i need to go to stamping and come back before Nov 2009.What are my options.I dont have any travel plans atleast a year from now.Do let me know is it mandatory for me to leave before Nov 2009.Also my New 797 as I 94 attached do you guys think if it is sufficient for me to stay here without any problems.

Sounds like a mistake. You should have got stay until 2012. Had you received a new I-94 with the extension that you surrendered at PoExit while leaving? You will have to get the I-94 corrected by visiting their office at the airport once again (deferred immigration inspection).

Comment

I dint return my I 94 attached to my 797 while leaving US.I returned I 94 attached to my Passport.Can i stay with it or still its going to be a problem.My POE is philly but i stay in SC, do i need to travel back there to get it done.Do you think i still need to have a visit to airport.

Comment

You can go to the CBP office in the city closest to your place of stay and get the white I-94 corrected. The old one has the same number as the one returned at the airport and that arrival record would have been closed.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X