Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help! H4 restamping

Hi,
    Due to demise of my family member, I am going to India within a week. I have to stamp my H4 visa before coming back to USA. I have gone through list of the documents on this site which I will require for the interview. As it is restamping of my visa, Do I have to carry employment letter from my husband's company ( he is principal applicant)? my husband is not coming with me. I am going alone.
    Few of my friends told me to carry it but my husban'd lawyer has not mentioned in the required documents list, so I am bit confused.

Thanks in advance,
    MNB

Yes, you need your spouse's paystubs, I797 approval and employment verification letter for H4 restamping as well.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply.

Few more questions:

Do I have to carry original I-797 of my husband with me or copy of it will work?
      Do I have to carry all his previous companies experience letters?

Thanks in advance,
      MNB

Comment

Original. No,current employment verification is enough.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

h4 restamping after I797 approval

Hi!

My husband is H1B in US and I am on h4. Our visa was valid till 30th Sep2014. My husband's employer ( same as last one) applied for our extension and we both have got approval till June 2017 and also have our I797 in hand. Now I had to travel to India for personal reasons. I would require a fresh stamp on my passport. What is the process of stamping in Delhi? How many days does it generally takes and what documents are required for this. Kindly reply fast because I have to travel back to USA by 6th of April

Regards
            Swati Jain

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X