Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Renewal and H4- Different Citizenship

Hello,

My H1B visa expires in Oct 2009 and is up for renewal. I plan to marry this December and get my spouse back on H4 visa. The issue is that I carry an Indian passport and the guy I am marrying in Dec carries a Nepalese passport.
    I'll be getting my new H1 stamped in December in Mumbai and he will have to go to the consulate in Kathmandu to get his H4 done. So, since we have different passport we would not be able to take visa appointments together or even go with each other to the consulate as a newly married couple. Will that matter?
    What is the best process to get both the visas done? I'll really appreciate any help...

Thank you!

SG

He can apply for a H4 along with you in Mumbai. Just confirm with the consulate if they can process a third country national and they should be able to handle it for you.

There was a recent post about someone similar to yours. The spouse was from Dubai and the ceremony was in India and I think they both attended for the visa in Chennai.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much for your response!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X