Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Denied Tell me the Options

Hi,
    I got an email from uscis on 1st of sep09 saying my H1 is denied. I didn't receive the letter from uscis. What are all the option I have to be in status. Can I work till I get the denial letter. What can I do to start work again? I appreciate all your inputs. Thanks

When does your I-94 expire. If it already expired, there is not much you can do to work. You can appeal the decision and wait for MTR to re-open the case. You cannot work while the case is pending an appeal or a MTR. Your lawyer should be able to instruct you on what needs to be done next as the details you provided here are not sufficient.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1 Denied

Hi,
      My previous Petition is valid until 01/13/2011. Now i got the denial two days back. But i didn't receive the denial letter yet.

Comment

Doesn't make sense. If the petition is valid until 2011, why was an extension applied for? It is not possible to do so. You need to provide detailed information for anyone to be able to help or you are on your own.

It does not look like you are providing the full details.

What is the I-94 expiration date?
        Was this a transfer to a new employer?
        Were you in status at the time of filing the petition?
        Were you getting paid and had submitted a paystub?
        Do you work for a client and did you send a client letter ?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi,
          Thanks for your reply. I had H1 petition with company A valid until 01/2011. Then i joined Company B and applied for Transfer and got RFE. We answered the RFE and last week got the reply saying H1 Petition denied. Now i am in project and my client was not able to provide any letter, but i got the PO from Client to middle vendor and middle vendor to my employer. I am getting paid regularly, i attached all the latest paystub in RFE. I was on Status when i apply my transfer. I hope i explained my situation correct. Please help me.

Comment

You cannot continue to work for B as the transfer has been denied. You can go back and work for A if they have not revoked your H1b.

Talk to your lawyer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X