Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 CPT to H1 B denial

Hi,
    I already had a H1 B visa. But after I lost my job, I converted back to F1. I then got a job and started working on F1 CPT and applied for my H1 B visa change of status again. But my H1 B got rejected this time.

Now am I out of status or still on F1 CPT status?

Do I need to get a new I-20 from my University and will the SEVIS # for the new I-20 change?

Do I need to go out of the country and appear for a visa interview again to convert back to F1 status or F1 CPT status or do I need to just go outside the country and come back and get a new signature on my new I-20?

Your ISO should be able to help you. Talk to them and they can check your status on SEVIS.

From the little info that you provided, you could possibly be on F1 but it is hard to say and ISO can be the only one that can tell with certainty.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Is there a way to check my status whether F1 or H1 B or no status online on USCIS site or personally call or go to the office?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X