Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birth Certificate Unavailable

Hi,

My I 485 is pending and I have a question related to my Birth Certificate. I do not have Birth certificate and I submitted an affidavit from my mother attested by Notary in India. I heared USCIS is raising concerns for this.

What should I do if I get an RFE? Is there any other document I can produce if some one does not have Birth Certificate which is accepted by USCIS.

Pl. respond.

Thanks,
    Vineet

Non availability certificate by the civic (corporation, municipality, village) authorities is the way to go. Google for it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b,

Is birth certificate given by consulate accepted by CIS?
      (Indian consulate gives birth cert based on passport details)

Comment

Thanks for the information.
        Do I need to contact the Civic Authorities of the place in which I was born or I can even seek the letter in any other place like Delhi beacuse I was born in a remote indusrtial town but spent most of my life in Delhi.

Comment

No, Consulate issued birth certificates are not valid.
          No, it has to be from the place of birth. Any additional information like a hospital record of birth, affidavits from relatives etc will add more value to it.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I really appreciate this.

Comment

Hi Vineet,

If you have time and if its urgent, you can apply for the birth certifcate using various websites which helps the NRI people to get the same.

I applied mine through Sahara NRI care house and got my municipal Birth ceriticate in 3 weeks time (there were no Hospital records for me) . They charged me about 130 USD .

Thanks and regards,
              Abhay

Comment

Thanks for the information Abhay. Pl. share the name of site which helped you get this.

It's not really urgent right now. I am trying to have the certificate to be on the safe side.

Is there any specific format or content for this letter? If yes can you please provide me.

Thanks,
                Vineet

Comment

I was born in 1977 and have the birth certificate registered in the year 2008. Do I need to get affadivits from my parents/relatives.

My original birth certificate has the name different from my name.

What are my options ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                  X