Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Extension Application got Delayed

Hello All,

My H1B visa is till 30th Sept 2009. Due to some reason my H1B Extension application got delayed. I hope my lawyer will apply it today on 14th Sept as a regular application.

I am not sure I am at what Risk. Can someone tell me what better I can do to make my case safe? I am also worried about if when I am going to get my receipt number.

As long as USCIS gets the petition delivered before the I-94 expires, you will be safe and fine. If the delivery happens after the I-94 expires, you are in a deep mess. Receiving the receipt is not a requirement. Delivery of the application is.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B Extension Application got Delayed

Thanks for your Reply.

1) Is there any way I can find out if my Application has reached USCIS without receipt number?

2) If my H1B extension gets rejected then can I apply for new H1B in premium processing and take some days vacation from the client and go back to India and come on new H1B for the same client? How many days it take for PP to get new H1B approval?

3) Suppose I apply for I H1B extension today and everything is ok now. Can I apply for H1B transfer to middle vendor for safety purpose so that if my H1B extension gets rejected I still have transfer in process?

Sorry If I am confusing you. Please let me know if my questions are not clear.

Thanks

Comment

1. Delivery proof by the mail carrier like Fedex/USPS/UPS.
        2. Why not do PP now than it getting denied, you accumulating unauthorized stay and work?
        3. You can do it before the I-94 expires. Once it does, "bridging" comes into picture. Read about that on the forum. The oldest posts have details.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

apply for premmum processing

you can apply for premium processing.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X