Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 -> h1 cos -> l1

Hi there..
    I am currently working on L1-B with Company A.
    Got a H1-B Approval with Company B. Soon, Company B is going to do H1-B Amendment for my Change of Status.
    Once, this amendement for change of status is successful, and if any problem comes with Company B, can I go back to India and return on L1-B status?
    Please confirm. Thanks in advance.

Would you not resign from your L1 employer? What sort of problem?

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Hi txh1b, thanks for looking into it. I still not having complete faith in Company B. It appears like he is misleading me in some of the process.

Having H1B Approval from Company B, please clarify the process to become his employee? Is application for Change of Status sufficient or H1B Amendment also required?? or both are same??

Comment

COS for H1b can only be obtained by means of filing a H1b amendment. They are the same when it comes to H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

thanks again txh1b.
          Can you confirm the normal and premium processing charges for H1B Amendment?
          And, please confirm how long it takes in each of the processing..
          Unfortunately, I couldn't find right infomration for H1B Amendment on USCIS.. Please direct me any URLs to verify..
          Last edited by mrxyz; 09-20-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Whatever the charge is for filing form I129 would be the cost. 1000 extra for premium.

Comment

Hi txh1b, I would like to know if we can get back to L1B status once the H1B COS is approved?
              If yes, can you tell me what is the process for getting back to L1B status?
              Can I do this COS back to L1B on my own? Thank you again..

Comment

There are literally 100s of posts on this subject. Read them. Key word leapfrog.

Comment

Thanks again txh1b, one clarification regarding this leapfrog option..
                  let's say, my H1B cos is approved from 1st October...
                  if my H1B employer doesn't start paying salary to me, can I travel back to India after Oct 1st and return next year??
                  my L1B employer is saying he'll send me to US in next year only, i.e. after 1st Jan 2010!!!

Comment

The law requires you to maintain status all the time and on H1b, that requires one to get paid.

Comment

hi txh1b, thanks for the updates..
                      here, Im doubtful about the bench salary from the H1B employer..
                      if he doesn't pay that properly, Im thinking of returning to India and continue to work for my L1B employer..
                      so, can I travel back to US on L1B from Jan 2010 even if H1B cos approved from Oct 2009??

Comment

Plain and simple, Illegal. Why do you want to involve in illegal schemes knowingly? Are you currently outside US? Do you want to travel to US or from US in Jan 2010?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X