Company Address change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Company Address change

I worked in company A for 2.5 years from Nov 2006 to May 2009 and now i am working in company B for last 6 months from May 2009.

when i joined company A it was located at Address 'X' .While filing H1b in April my US company gave address 'X' of comapny A as the address of my Indian company .

i left the company in May 2009 and it shifted to Location 'Y' in June 2009

My appointment and experience letter has an address of Location 'X'

As company is now shifted to location 'Y' so what address should i write in DS-157 form in Que-12 "for the last Employer Information" .

Should i write as per the address mentioned in Experience Letter i.e 'X'
    or should i write as per the address mentioned in company's website i.e 'Y'

AND

i) In case if i would write 'X' , won't VO raise objection that since the company is presently situated at 'Y' as per shown in its website so i have to mention 'Y' in Ds-157 form.

In above case ,can he also ask that since the company address info provided in Ds-157 are of no use , as it is not reachable so additional processing is required...

ii) in case if i would write 'Y' won't VO ask that why you have mentioned 'Y' in Ds-157 form ,when it is written 'X' in your Experience Letter.

So, should i write address 'X' or address 'Y' in DS-157 form

Your X and Ys confused me to the core. The take home from this is stop worrying and write the current address of the company. It does not matter if it is Z. As long as the company you worked has a location there, you have no reason to confuse yourself, worry and confuse the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

dont reply if u r confused...may be someone else can reply

Comment

To be frank, the Y's and X's in your question was a bit confusing. Would highly appreciate any respect for our senior members who have helped thousands of people through this forum.

Now to answer your question:
        It doesn't really matter so much to write the current address or the address in your relieving/offer letter. My suggestion would be to write the address in your relieving/offer letter. If the current address of the previous employer has changed, then it isn't our responsibility to keep track of that. You can always explain that you are not aware of the address change (If asked). What can we do if the company itself doesn't exist anymore? We would go by the address on which it was located earlier, right?
        Last edited by shervin143; 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by h1b_info View Post
          -- whatever the confusion in X's Y's for this post.
          simply you have to mentioned addresses as per your experience letter. if VO ask for experience part and your OLD employer is not located at that Address you can answer gently to VO that his address is changed , if you know address tell them, if you don't know address or company changed or closed tell them truth.

If VO ask you can show experience letter from new address , you can answer that you not worked at new location so they might not be issued you any experience letter from new location, my one client have same issue, VO never ask anything when he answered very frankly of address changed on that time (2years ago).

-- OMM

Comment

Originally posted by h1b_info View Post
            And save your SMS language for the forum that talks about mobile phones.And it doesn't hurt to improve in the art of communicating in simple terms. I wonder how your emails at work are!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X