Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension

Hi,

I got my H1 Transfer approved on April 2009 and in the approval notice it prints my Date of Birth wrongly DD/MM/YYYY instead of MM/DD/YYYY that is because of my employer he entered the DOB in a wrong format in Application.
    I told this to my employer and he checked with attorney and he said it won't be issue we can take care of this when we apply next extension (Aug 2010).

My Worry is
    Will there be any problem the DOB being printed in wrong format?
    Will there be any in my next extension?

Please advance me on this.

Thanks
    Ramesh Babu.

They can get it corrected. They should. They are just not ready to spend money now as it is their mistake.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

a) What I have to do now?
      b) If they are going to do it in the next extension will there be any problem in getting extension?

Thanks
      Ramesh Babu.

Comment

Could you please reply to this one?

Comment

a. H1b is employer's petition and there is nothing you can do.
          b. There could be a problem as you are not the person the H1b is approved for due to the DOB mismatch. It could be easily explained as the typo or mixup due to the cultural difference in the date format. If USCIS will buy it or not is a different question. It could also become a problem during GC.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I will ask my employer to correct it as soon as possible.

Thanks
            Ramesh Babu.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X