H1B Jobe Role Title...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Jobe Role Title...

Hi seniors, I got lots of information from immihelp.
    I need one more info. I am right now working as software designer, part time I am studying for FAA commercial Pilot, now I will entitled as FAA Commercial pilot soon after my 500 total flight hours experience.
    I got offer letter from Comair Delta connections.
    Problem is I am H1B holder since last 2years first term.
    I am working as Software designer mentined in LCA , offer letter etc.
    what to do if I got job as Pilot in comair?
    they told me they are ready to hire H1B holders for Domestic fly.
    What to do in this situation when person holding 7years experience in software field and going to join Pilot job.
    Thanks lots,
    Prashant desai
    colorado spribgs CO.

H1b requires that the job require a minimum qualification of a Bachelors degree. If the Pilot job requires the people to have a min of BS, then they can process your h1b. Make sure you join only after the H1b is approved.

Your experience from Software does not matter. You don't require an experience to get a H1b.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      H1b requires that the job require a minimum qualification of a Bachelors degree. If the Pilot job requires the people to have a min of BS, then they can process your h1b. Make sure you join only after the H1b is approved.

Your experience from Software does not matter. You don't require an experience to get a H1b.
      -- ok so on my current H1B Comair Delta connection can process for H1B transfer. I am Graduate from India thats BBA (business administration).
      If my current H1B possible to transfer then I will take transfer. or they have to apply for again in new H1B CAP.

Comment

Not subject to cap as you are already cap counted. They can file for a transfer. I wonder if a pilot job requires a BS.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Not subject to cap as you are already cap counted. They can file for a transfer. I wonder if a pilot job requires a BS.
          -- I don't know, this is the my first job, right now they ask me for my flying log sheet, health certificate, FAA commercial pilot license copy and SSN.
          even I join ATP Flight school they never ask me for my degree, yes I show them my highschool (12th Indian school) certificate and Indian birth certificat , school leaving certificate for details of school and birth age confirmation. thats it...
          Thanks TxH1b.
          I am happy to use immihelp

Comment

I don't think this job qualifies for a H1b if it does not need a degree.

Comment

Originally posted by h1bfile View Post
              Hi seniors, I got lots of information from immihelp.
              I need one more info. I am right now working as software designer, part time I am studying for FAA commercial Pilot, now I will entitled as FAA Commercial pilot soon after my 500 total flight hours experience.
              I got offer letter from Comair Delta connections.
              Problem is I am H1B holder since last 2years first term.
              I am working as Software designer mentined in LCA , offer letter etc.
              what to do if I got job as Pilot in comair?
              they told me they are ready to hire H1B holders for Domestic fly.
              What to do in this situation when person holding 7years experience in software field and going to join Pilot job.
              Thanks lots,
              Prashant desai
              colorado spribgs CO.
              -- Pilots are also qualified for H1B , J1 visa too, I know one guy working as Cargo domestic pilot with southwest airlines. he is Bangladeshi, he had degree but when he transfer H1B his employer never ask for degree he is working on his own FAA Pilot license.
              -- OMM

Comment

Originally posted by OMM View Post
                -- Pilots are also qualified for H1B , J1 visa too, I know one guy working as Cargo domestic pilot with southwest airlines. he is Bangladeshi, he had degree but when he transfer H1B his employer never ask for degree he is working on his own FAA Pilot license.
                -- OMM
                To qualify for a H1b, a degree is a must.

Comment

H1b Visa Education Requirement (Taken from Immihelp "Visas" page"):

The person must hold a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university and the degree must be required to qualify in the specialty occupation.

If the person holds a foreign degree, then that degree must be determined to be the educational equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. In some cases, a person may obtain an educational equivalence through a combination of education, specialized training or progressively responsible work experience. Three years of specialized experience is generally considered equivalent to one year of college education.
                  Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by shervin143 View Post
                    H1b Visa Education Requirement (Taken from Immihelp "Visas" page"):

The person must hold a U.S. bachelor's or higher degree from an accredited college or university and the degree must be required to qualify in the specialty occupation.

If the person holds a foreign degree, then that degree must be determined to be the educational equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree. In some cases, a person may obtain an educational equivalence through a combination of education, specialized training or progressively responsible work experience. Three years of specialized experience is generally considered equivalent to one year of college education.
                    -- I never heared Pilots or any courses related pilot have a Degree... for commercial , private pilots have special courses but its not called Graduation or awarded any Degree, they have license to fly commercial or private air planes, flying records in hours. In this matter I think pilot people is good qualified people. even pilot jobs are always in demanded.

-- OMM

Comment

Originally posted by OMM View Post
                      -- I never heared Pilots or any courses related pilot have a Degree... for commercial , private pilots have special courses but its not called Graduation or awarded any Degree, they have license to fly commercial or private air planes, flying records in hours. In this matter I think pilot people is good qualified people. even pilot jobs are always in demanded.

-- OMM
                      It doesn't matter. The FAA Certification is mandatory and so are the flying hours. The question is if a job advertising the need of a pilot REQUIRES a degree as a prerequisite. If so, it qualifies for a H1b. If not, it does not.

An example from a recent search from a job board shows this:It shows preferred qualification as a degree but it should be the basic qualification for it to qualify for a H1b.

As our preferred candidate your experience will include:

Basic Qualifications:
                      • U.S. Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
                      • First Class FAA Medical Certificate
                      • Challenger 601 or equivalent rating
                      • Six years flight experience with turbine powered aircraft in a corporate flight department
                      • Proficient in effective Crew Resource Management
                      • A thorough working knowledge of all laws and regulations governing aircraft operation in domestic and international airspace

Other Qualifications:
                      • Excellent communication and decision-making skills
                      • Unquestionable ethical standards
                      • A demonstrated professional demeanor and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management

Preferred Qualifications:• A minimum of 5,000 flight hours
                      A Bachelors degree • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
                      • Bi/multi-lingual language (English primary and Spanish fluency)

Comment

It doesn't matter. The FAA Certification is mandatory and so are the flying hours. The question is if a job advertising the need of a pilot REQUIRES a degree as a prerequisite. If so, it qualifies for a H1b. If not, it does not.

An example from a recent search from a job board shows this:It shows preferred qualification as a degree but it should be the basic qualification for it to qualify for a H1b.

As our preferred candidate your experience will include:

Basic Qualifications:
                        • U.S. Airline Transport Pilot Certificate
                        • First Class FAA Medical Certificate
                        • Challenger 601 or equivalent rating
                        • Six years flight experience with turbine powered aircraft in a corporate flight department
                        • Proficient in effective Crew Resource Management
                        • A thorough working knowledge of all laws and regulations governing aircraft operation in domestic and international airspace

Other Qualifications:
                        • Excellent communication and decision-making skills
                        • Unquestionable ethical standards
                        • A demonstrated professional demeanor and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of management

Preferred Qualifications:• A minimum of 5,000 flight hours
                        A Bachelors degree • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
                        • Bi/multi-lingual language (English primary and Spanish fluency)
                        -- Ohh com'on OMM & txh1b, my story is, COMAIR requiered only Highschool / diploma or equievalent degree, but for me they saw as first officer pilot , only Highschool or diploma its enough. No problem for me , I saw them all educational certificates , but they dont care of my degree. lots of airlines don'tcare of graduations, (yesterday, I contact my Indian friend from Bhopal he is in southwest airlines he is 12th Sci - pass, he cleared his FAA commercial license from Miami FL, he got H1B from southwest airlines 6years ago and applied for GC now he is on EAD.), its depend on airlines too, as Txh1b you saw opportunity 5000hrs flying may be that is for captain or for ground duty pilot, comair need first officer pilot only 500 or 600hrs fly, they start hiring process now.
                        Thanks,
                        Prashant desai.
                        Last edited by h1bfile; 09-25-2009, 01:25 PM.

Comment

H1B Visa sponsorship for Pilots

Hi Seniors,

I am planning to transition my carrier from IT Sector to Aviation as Pilot.

While working on H1b can I complete the flight training to get into a Pilot Job ?

Any information regarding the US companies sponsoring H1b visas for the pilots ?

I am totally lost and Please help me with the information.

Thanks,
                          Hari.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X