Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am begging everyone please help me

HI,

I had my visa interview on H1 B . Visa oficer asked me few questions and given me the 221g blue form saying that my petition is not available in PIMS databse and asked me to check the status of my case number online.
    Actually once she took 221g form i lost my mind and could concentrate on her words

Visa officer took my passport and DS 156 and DS 157 forms but not petition.
    Petition is with me.

Please Please tell me what does this mean. Do i have chance still . Will they issue visa without any further interview again.

I will wait for replies for every minute.

Thanks,
    Izaz.

Please reply

Comment

I had my visa interview on H1 B . Visa oficer asked me few questions and given me the 221g blue form saying that my petition is not available in PIMS databse and asked me to check the status of my case number online.
      Actually once she took 221g form i lost my mind and could concentrate on her words

Petition is with me.

Please Please tell me what does this mean. Do i have chance still . Will they issue visa without any further interview again.

---- Do not get worried. This is just a normal process. You have to wait and eventually you will be granted the visa. How much time it takes is at best a speculation

Subramanya

Comment

Read about PIMS in immihelp. There are so many similar questions. Eventually people got their visa. There is no need to panic.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

PIMS is a short verification and the delay is 3-4 days. Nothing for you to be too concerned about.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by izazahmed View Post
            HI,

Petition is with me.

I will wait for replies for every minute.

Thanks,
            Izaz.
            -- Don'tworry this is normal process, if they dont took your I797 but tooks DS forms, passport then your chances is good to get visa. PIMS will take max 1week or 2weeks. keep watching online with your case number.
            --- OMM

Comment

PIMS Query

Hey Izaz,
              You really don't have to worry, even I have undergone same issue, few days back and I got my passport with visa stamped within 7 working days and now back in US.. relax and enjoy ur vacation..

btw in 221g form what did she tick as? petions is not there in PIMS database ? or is it Admin processing ?

if it is admin processing it will take little longer than the first case.

Good luck..
              Last edited by rider50; 09-25-2009, 05:06 AM. Reason: updated

Comment

Thanks all for boosting my cofidence

Hi sir,

I loosing my confidence because she didnt take my petiton document and she has asked me very few questions for just two or three mins
                Place the left thumb in screen area
                which project
                which graudation
                which Branch
                give me your documents ( she checked my graduation documents )
                why did you left current company ( actually i had already left company two mnths back due to some reasons )
                unfortunately i was well prepared with all the questions expect the question which she has asked me . then i said its very big project and i am interested .
                she asked me again whu did u left such a big company is there you keep changing he companies .
                then i didnt get the clear answer and said its tipco and sap related and have the very good exp on it and interested too.

she was looking seriously on her computer and suddendly turn her face on me with some vague expressions and i was seriously looking at her .

then she picked up 221(g) blue form written one number 2009 YYYY YYYY ( case number ) checked only one option that " petition is not currently available in PIMS database . Processng is suspended until we verify the details ".

soon she picked up 221g form i lost mind and couldnt listened to her words clearly but heard that she was telling me to check the status of case number .
                she took my ds form 156,157 and passport

so this is my interview had for just two or three mins.

I gone through chennaiconsulate govt site to check my status of my case number but i could find only the status of cases of the year 2007 in pdf format but the cases of 2008 or 2009
                I checked in this site that only case number in 221g pink form can be checked online and i have with 221g blue form with case number.
                can anyone please help me in checking my status of my case number online or is there any other way.

your answers will be very much appreciate.

thanks a lot ionce again.

Izaz.

Comment

Why would the VO take your petition? Usually they take only DS156, DS157 and the Passport. You need the petition with you while traveling or for applying H4 for your family later. Regd. the questions asked, well, that is pretty much how a visa interview is. Were you expecting a one hour interview?

just relax. Once they get your PIMS information updated in their database, they will issue your visa. Sometimes it takes upto 2-3 weeks.

Hi sir,

I loosing my confidence because she didnt take my petiton document and she has asked me very few questions for just two or three mins
                  Place the left thumb in screen area
                  which project
                  which graudation
                  which Branch
                  give me your documents ( she checked my graduation documents )
                  why did you left current company ( actually i had already left company two mnths back due to some reasons )
                  unfortunately i was well prepared with all the questions expect the question which she has asked me . then i said its very big project and i am interested .
                  she asked me again whu did u left such a big company is there you keep changing he companies .
                  then i didnt get the clear answer and said its tipco and sap related and have the very good exp on it and interested too.

she was looking seriously on her computer and suddendly turn her face on me with some vague expressions and i was seriously looking at her .

then she picked up 221(g) blue form written one number 2009 YYYY YYYY ( case number ) checked only one option that " petition is not currently available in PIMS database . Processng is suspended until we verify the details ".

soon she picked up 221g form i lost mind and couldnt listened to her words clearly but heard that she was telling me to check the status of case number .
                  she took my ds form 156,157 and passport

so this is my interview had for just two or three mins.

I gone through chennaiconsulate govt site to check my status of my case number but i could find only the status of cases of the year 2007 in pdf format but the cases of 2008 or 2009
                  I checked in this site that only case number in 221g pink form can be checked online and i have with 221g blue form with case number.
                  can anyone please help me in checking my status of my case number online or is there any other way.

your answers will be very much appreciate.

thanks a lot ionce again.

Izaz.
                  Last edited by shervin143; 09-26-2009, 12:26 AM.

Comment

How can i check my status online

Hi Sir,

How can i check my status online . can you please tell me .
                    I have also checked the chennaiconsulate.govt and in that i could find only 2007 year case numbers but not 2008 or 2009 . Please tell me sir.

thanks,
                    Izaz.

Comment

Please tell me how to check my case number status online

Please tell me how to check my case number status online

Comment

Hi Rider sir

Can you please let me know what had happend in your case.

Comment

I hope you can chek with http://www.immihelp.com/timings/tracking.jsp
                          not sure ....dont worry....you will get it....me to hpnd same i waited 9 months.....

Comment

PIMS database

Hi,

Sorry to disturb you all again .
                            Someone has told me that within one month after petition approval it will be available in PIMS databse and my petition was approved on july and i had the interview on just last week. So i had a long time gap between then how come its not available in PIMS. I hope it has to be available on PIMS right.
                            Please correct me .

Answers are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
                            Izaz.

Comment

Man! It is just one week. You gotta chill. Whatever that "Someone" told you is not correct. Sometimes, the petition information of an individual doesn't get to the PIMS database until requested by the consulate. Give it another week time. You should be getting your passport back.

Hi,

Sorry to disturb you all again .
                              Someone has told me that within one month after petition approval it will be available in PIMS databse and my petition was approved on july and i had the interview on just last week. So i had a long time gap between then how come its not available in PIMS. I hope it has to be available on PIMS right.
                              Please correct me .

Answers are very much appreciated.

Thanks,
                              Izaz.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X