H1 Transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer

Hi I am working fulltime with some X compny on H1 visa and now the company doesn't have new project for me so I was planning to go back to my home country.

Meantime, I got in touch with some small company who is ready to hire me but on part-time H1B basis as they cannot pay me the amount which I am getting from my current H1b sponsor.

So my questions are

1) Is this possible? Can I work for the new employer with half salary?

2) Does new employer has to file a fresh H1b application for me? And how many pay stubs do I need to provide them.

3) In future, can I again apply for new H1B for the full time basis ?

Hi I am working fulltime with some X compny on H1 visa and now the company doesn't have new project for me so I was planning to go back to my home country.

Meantime, I got in touch with some small company who is ready to hire me but on part-time H1B basis as they cannot pay me the amount which I am getting from my current H1b sponsor.

So my questions are

1) Is this possible? Can I work for the new employer with half salary?

>>>>>> Yes. An H1B employee may work in full-time or part-time employment to remain in status.

2) Does new employer has to file a fresh H1b application for me? And how many pay stubs do I need to provide them.

>>>>>> You can either go for a transfer or apply for a fresh H1B. You need at least two recent pay stubs.

3) In future, can I again apply for new H1B for the full time basis ?

>>>>>> Yes. You can also transfer your H1B to the new employer or keep working on this part time employment and apply a new H1B to work full time with the other employer.

Additional Info:
    An individual on an H1B with one specific employer is not allowed to work for another employer unless and until she/he obtains a second H1B approval for that other employer. It is possible to have more than one valid H1B concurrently. For example, one can be for a full-time job and the second for a part-time job with a different employer.
    Last edited by shervin143; 10-05-2009, 09:39 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X