Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B extension stamping... Pls help

Hi,
    This is Venkat, I came to US on H1B through Company A in 2006. I shifted to Company B in June 2008. My visa got expired on 30th March 2008 itself. By that time I moved to second company I got the new I-94 and I-797 which are valid until Feb 2011. Both the companies I worked for are the Indian companies. Also, I have got a visa transfer memorandum when I moved from my old project to new project in May '09 through my 2nd company. Now, I am planning to visit India in December '09 for a month. I need to go for H1B stamping at Chennai consulate.

Can somebody please tell me if there are any problems I could face. Also, please tell me the related information like(what documents to carry etc) if you have.....

No issues. Carry the usual documentation listed on immihelp.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thanks for the immediate reply. My only concern is that I have been on extension more than an year, does this lead to any problems at stamping?

Comment

No. If you want to worry about things that are not even reason enough for a worry, knock yourself down!

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X