X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A to H1 COS

My situation:
    1) Came to us in Jun 2006 on L1-B through Company A
    2) Applied for H1b in April 2007 for 2008 Quota through company B without COS (recieved H1b approval notice in June 2007 with validity till September 2010)
    3) Left for Home country in Nov2007 and returned to US in feb 2008 on L1B through Company A
    4) Company A applied for L1B to L1A in October 2008. left for Home country in 2008 october for L1A stmaping and returned to US in November 2008

My questions:
    -> Now I want o switch to H1b through company B by applying COS.
    -> How easy it would be if Company B appiles for COS now after 2 yrs of my H1 approval?
    -> What are pros and Cons of switching to H1 after 2yrs of the approval?
    -> Can company B apply for the extension of the H1 even though I have never been on their payrole?
    -> If there is any query on COS application will my present L1 visa be affected/cancelled/revoked?
    ->Can Company C apply for H1 with COS and will the new H1 be counted under quota?
    ->Can company C apply for H1 Quota even after validity of my

Any input/insight into anyof the baove questions is highly appreciated.

-> Now I want o switch to H1b through company B by applying COS.
    txh1b: okay...
    -> How easy it would be if Company B appiles for COS now after 2 yrs of my H1 approval?
    txh1b: As normal as any other H1b processing. Neither easy nor difficult.

-> What are pros and Cons of switching to H1 after 2yrs of the approval?
    txh1b: Nothing
    -> Can company B apply for the extension of the H1 even though I have never been on their payrole?
    txh1b: Yes as you never actually were on H1b status with them. It is payroll.
    -> If there is any query on COS application will my present L1 visa be affected/cancelled/revoked?
    txh1b: No. Each is independent unless a COS overrides the previous status.
    ->Can Company C apply for H1 with COS and will the new H1 be counted under quota?
    txh1b: Read the FAQs.
    ->Can company C apply for H1 Quota even after validity of my ?????
    txh1b: Invalid/Incomplete question.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X