H1 Transfer - Stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer - Stamping

I already have a H1 Stamping on my passport which is valid till 2011. I got it stamped when I was with my previous employer. Now I changed my employer and got my H1 transferred to my current employer. I received my new I797 approval. I am traveling to India next month. I am not sure if my previous employer had cancelled my H1 visa or not. Do I have to get my visa stamped again when I travel back to the US?

No. You can use the same visa to re-enter U.S.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

You may travel with old Visa

I have been in exactly the same situation and have travelled with old petiotioner's stamping, no problems.

Venky

Comment

Hello,

My question is related to this thread,

I have transfered my H1B visa to company B and got the I797 approved till October 2012.
        I have a valid Visa stamped through my previous company A till March 2010.

I want to travel to India In december 2009 or January 2010.

I dont want to go for visa stamping in India to get company B's visa stamped as I already have visa till Mar'2010.

Can I come back to USA with out going to stamping in India as my previous company A visa is valid till March 2010?

Is there any risk factor involved?

I hope this is not a repeated question, if so please let me know the link of the thread posted.

Thanks,
        Sarif

Comment

You can use the existing visa to re-enter U.S provided you return back before it expires. Show Company B's approval notice @ POE to get the I-94 till Oct 2012.

Originally posted by sarif View Post
          Hello,

My question is related to this thread,

I have transfered my H1B visa to company B and got the I797 approved till October 2012.
          I have a valid Visa stamped through my previous company A till March 2010.

I want to travel to India In december 2009 or January 2010.

I dont want to go for visa stamping in India to get company B's visa stamped as I already have visa till Mar'2010.

Can I come back to USA with out going to stamping in India as my previous company A visa is valid till March 2010?

Is there any risk factor involved?

I hope this is not a repeated question, if so please let me know the link of the thread posted.

Thanks,
          Sarif
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X