Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel during H1B/H4 Extension period

Dear Senior Members,

My H4 visa will be expired in Jan 2010. My husband's employer is applying for our H1B/H4 extension which is under process. The stamping is valid until Jan 2010.

Can I travel to India now and enter US before Jan 2010?

Thanks & Regards,

Neeraja

Yes, No problem for H4.

Comment

but apply for extension only after you return, or wait for applroval of H1 extension, get the new stamp before you return.

if you leave the country while extension is pending you will abandon that application.

In plainer words

Lets say you leave now and com back by Dec 2009, when entering the country you will show your current visa with expiry in Jan 2010. Then you will get I-94 only till that date. Just becuase h1 gets extended does not mean that H4 does too. A seperate application will have to be made after you return.

Feel free to ask more questions if needed

Comment

Travel during H1B/H4 Extension period

Thanks for the response.

I don't know whether I can delay my travel until the extension is approved,as a medical emergency may arise wrt my parents.

Let us assume that my H4 will also get extended along with my husband's H1B and I enter US during Dec 09 with I 94 valid until Jan 2010. We are planning to get the stamping (H1B & H4) in Canada.

Can we do that ?

Thanks,

Neeraja

Comment

Travel during H1B/H4 Extension period

Dear Txh1B,

1. Our Present H4 & H1B visas are valid till Jan 2010.

2. Our H1B/H4 extension(till Jan 2013) is under process and I may have to travel to India for some family reasons.I do not have the luxury to wait for H1B/H4 extension approval.Will I face any problem if I travel now?

3.Can I travel(am on H4) now & Enter US before Jan 2010?

3. Our H1B/H4 extensions are expected to be approved by the 2nd week of Nov 09. If I get the approval , can I enter US with I-94 valid till Jan 2013 ?

Request you to advise at the earliest.

Thanks,

Neeraja

Comment

Originally posted by waitin_toolong View Post
            but apply for extension only after you return, or wait for applroval of H1 extension, get the new stamp before you return.

if you leave the country while extension is pending you will abandon that application.

In plainer words

Lets say you leave now and com back by Dec 2009, when entering the country you will show your current visa with expiry in Jan 2010. Then you will get I-94 only till that date. Just becuase h1 gets extended does not mean that H4 does too. A seperate application will have to be made after you return.

Feel free to ask more questions if needed
            Kinda wrong. read about "Cloning" on the forum.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by NeerajaN View Post
              Dear Txh1B,

1. Our Present H4 & H1B visas are valid till Jan 2010.

2. Our H1B/H4 extension(till Jan 2013) is under process and I may have to travel to India for some family reasons.I do not have the luxury to wait for H1B/H4 extension approval.Will I face any problem if I travel now?

3.Can I travel(am on H4) now & Enter US before Jan 2010?

3. Our H1B/H4 extensions are expected to be approved by the 2nd week of Nov 09. If I get the approval , can I enter US with I-94 valid till Jan 2013 ?

Request you to advise at the earliest.

Thanks,

Neeraja
              1. NA
              2. No
              3. Yes
              4. Yes. You need to carry the latest approved I797 of the H1b holder when you enter to get I-94 till the new date. You may choose to get a visa stamp or use the existing visa. As you say you may have a family emergency, better keep the stamping current so that you dont have to deal with transit visas.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

H1B/H4 Visa extension stamping

Dear Txh1b,

Our H1B & H4 Extensions are approved by USCIS. I am travelling to India this week and planning to go for H4 extension stamping from Chennai Consulate next month.

Our H1B & H4 stampings are valid till Jan 2010. This time,my husband is not accompanying me and I am going alone for the H4 extension stamping. His
                H1B stamping is valid till Jan 2010. We are planning to go for his H1B extension stamping from Canada in Dec 09, after my return to US .

In this context,Request you to advise on the following:

1. Whether the H1B stamping on my husband's PP should be current? Meaning-whether he should get stamping for his H1B extension before I appear for the interview?

2. For any reason, if I could not get the stamping for my H4 extension , can I still collect the PP and enter US before Jan 2010?

Thanks in advance,

Neeraja

Comment

1. Not required for the spouse PP to have a H1b stamp for the wife to extend/appear for the visa.

2. Yes.

Comment

Travel during H1B/H4 Extension

Thanks Txh1b, for the advice. You have been very helpful.

Thanks again and have a good day!

Neeraja

Comment

H1B Stamping in Canada or Bahamas

Dear Txh1b,

Recently, my H4 visa Extension stamping was done by Chennai Consulate without any problem.

However, my husband could'nt come to India for his H1B extension stamping. His stamping is valid till 01/07/2010. He is planning to go to Canada/ Bahamas for stamping.

1. Do you think that he will face any problem in those Consulates?

2. I have heard that those Consulates will advise the applicants to go to mother country(India)for stamping. Is it true?

3. If he decides to go to Canada/ Bahamas, what are the chance of his H1B Extension approval ? Do you think that his application will be rejected for the above reason?

3. Can he go to Canada / Bahamas for stamping even after 01/07/2010?

Thanks in advance.

Neeraja

Comment

H4 extension trvel query

Currently my spouse is in US having valid Visa till October, she is planning to travel to India during month of November for delivery. Meanwhile i have already applied my H1b extension and her H4 extension now.
                        Please let us know whether it is fine to travel during that extension period and came back to US once my H1 got aproved. and any issues with the extension application for H4.

Please help us.

Thanks

Comment

My H1B visa extension got denied

Hi,
                          I was on H1B visa from past 2 year 10 months. My employer is reputed Indian IT Service based company.
                          My I94 was expired in July 2017. I had applied for the extension in April 2017.
                          I got two RFE first in July and then second one in October.
                          I had provided all the documents whatever my employer asked for and I think those were enough related to RFE reason.

My visa extension was not approved but I had to come to India on vacation for my marriage in November.
                          So I came and from here I applied for premium processing in Dec first week and then after 2 weeks my status was updated as "Decision Notice Emailed" which says as my extension got denied.

I am still waiting for the reason of rejection but can you please tell me since I came to India on vacation during H1B extension process could that be a reason of rejection.
                          I am very tensed and I really need to go back as all my stuffs are there only.
                          Please reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                          X