Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved H1, current H4 - going for H4 extention

Hi,
    I got my H4 stamping in June and came back to US on H4 itself. My husband's employer processed my H1B and its approved without hitch and active from Oct-1-2009. But as I didnt get any project I didnt go for H1B stamping and stayed/staying on H4 itself.

Though my husband's H1 and my H4 expired in Aug, we got the extention done till 2011. We have the valid I-797 forms for both of us.

Now, we are going to India due to personal reasons and have to get visas stamped. My husband's H1 is not a problem as he got all the paperwork. But I am concerned as my H1B approved notice might show.

Could anyone let me know if its fine to go for stamping for H4 while my H1B notice is approved. I never got the stamping for H1B.

NOTE - my H1B approval notice does not have I-94 attached to it.

What reason could I give for not getting my H1B stamped and staying on H4? Can I say not getting the project?

Thank you so much for your help
    Last edited by rams1980; 10-26-2009, 01:13 PM.

You are not required to get a H1b stamped if you don't want to. You can have H1b petitions in your name and the VO is not concerned as to why you are not going on H1b but H4.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Thank you so much

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X