Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Documents Query

Hello People!

I am in the process of applying for a H4 Visa for to-be wife and would appreciate if someone could provide an answer to the below mentioned queries:

- Do i need to prepare an Invitation Letter addressed to my wife? I know we do this for a visitor's visa.

- What letters do i or my employer need to provide to the Consulate for the H4 VISA Application?

- Do i need to provide a Bank Letter which would be different from my Bank Statements,providing details of my Bank Account?

- Also, for bank statments would the bank statements print outs taken from my bank account suffice? Or i need to provide the hard copies received from the bank?

Thanks in advance..

Read https://www.immihelp.com/h4-visa-stamping-documents/
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Thanks Admin!

I was aware of the documents required, but i found based upon some H4 Interview experiences, that they were asking for some invitation letter addressed to Spouse, and the bank letter, hence the query.

Any ideas?

Comment

I have not heard of anything like that.
        Immihelp Support
        No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Hi,
          There is no such mandatory requirement for the Letter-from employer or the Bank Letter.

(1) But it is better you get a employment verification letter from your current employer on a company letter head- addressed to the Consulate stating that you are working for the YYYY X company as part time/full time employee , your position YYYY X since DD/MM/RRRR and earning YYYY XX salary annually.

Some people have also mentioned in the same employment verification letter that ABC is his wife and this letter is the employment verification proof for her H4 Visa.
          As it is from your currnet company , it should be easy for you to get it from ur HR dept.

(2) Now for the Bank letter - I say that the statements /print outs from their websites should suffice for H4 Visa . You can give it to her for atleast last 6 months.
          But Banks like CITIBANK , WELLS FARGO provides the Account verification letter which states your Account Number , Opening Date, Current balance , Average Balance and addressed to Consulate.They already have a defined format.
          They charge you depending how soon you want.
          So , you can check from your bank if they can give it.If not ,then as I say that Bank statements should work for her H4.

Make sure that she has all other mandatory documents for her H4 Visa which is mentioned in immihelp list.

Thanks and regards,
          Abhay

Comment

Thank You!

Points well noted..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X