Question about documents required for H1B stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about documents required for H1B stamping

I believe experience letter and employer’s intent to hire are among the documents that the consulates requires for H1-B stamping. I am not sure what is the difference between the intent to hire and experience letter. I work directly for a US based manufacturing and distribution company in the Medical devices/hospital supplies industry in a non IT role which is directly related to my M.S degree. (from USA) I am getting a letter from my employer which states my first start date with that employer and that I continue to be employed with them along with the position, salary and job description. Would this cover everything that is on a experience letter and intent to hire or do I need something more from my employer? Also, before I joined my current company I was working for a brief period (4 months) while on OPT in another company (again related to my field of study) and while studying for my M.S. I underwent curricular practical training in my field of study. Would I need anything from these two companies?
    Secondly, how many pay stubs does the consulate require?

I am not sure what is the difference between the intent to hire and experience letter
    Experience letters are from all the employers that you have worked so far (That proves that you have the required years of experience as stated. It should include your full name, designation, roles and responsibilities and the time frame of your employment). Intent to hire is the offer letter from the employer that you are about to join.

I am getting a letter from my employer which states my first start date with that employer and that I continue to be employed with them along with the position, salary and job description. Would this cover everything that is on a experience letter and intent to hire or do I need something more from my employer?
    Nothing more. Got everything covered to be on a offer letter.

Also, before I joined my current company I was working for a brief period (4 months) while on OPT in another company (again related to my field of study) and while studying for my M.S. I underwent curricular practical training in my field of study. Would I need anything from these two companies?
    It is good if you could get an experience letter from these companies. If not now, it would help you later to prove your years of experience.

How many pay stubs does the consulate require?
    You will need at least 6 months of pay stubs. If you haven't work for 6 months on H1B, then whatever you have from the date of H1B approval is good.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-04-2009, 03:19 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi Sherwin,
      Thanks for the information. One follow up question though - when you say H1B approval would it be from when I got the approval notice or would it be when my change of status took place (from F1-OPT to H1-B) i.e. 1st October 2009?

Comment

Yeah, it is the effective date of the COS (1st Oct)

Originally posted by indian_guy0219 View Post
        Hi Sherwin,
        Thanks for the information. One follow up question though - when you say H1B approval would it be from when I got the approval notice or would it be when my change of status took place (from F1-OPT to H1-B) i.e. 1st October 2009?
        Last edited by shervin143; 11-05-2009, 01:22 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X