X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport expiring-travel to India

Hi All,

I badly need your help.

My passport of India is going to expire on January 31st 2010. I'm going to travel to India on this November 25th 2009.During that time I'm going to get my H-1B Visa renewed.

Now if I apply for getting my passport renewed at this time, Indian embassy(Washington DC)is going to take atleast 2-3 weeks to get me the new passport and I cant travel to India.

1.Can I apply to get my H-1B Visa renewed at Hyderabad USA Consulate with my old passport(which will expire on jan 31st 2010) without renewing my passport now?

2.My HDFC reciept has my old passport associated with that.Will that be still valid if I get a new passport?

Please advice.

You can renew pp one year in advance. You could apply for a new one under tatkal there and get it stamped.

PP renewal inside US is generally quick and it takes 2 weeks. Apply in person. HDFC remains valid as you carry both passports here on.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      You can renew pp one year in advance. You could apply for a new one under tatkal there and get it stamped.

PP renewal inside US is generally quick and it takes 2 weeks. Apply in person. HDFC remains valid as you carry both passports here on.
      Thanks for the reply, now the expidite process to renew passport is not there in the Indian consulate in USA.So its taking 2-3 weeks to get new one and by that time my travel time will come.

US Embassy in India says it recommends to have passport valid for atleaset 6 months, doesnt say its mandatory.

Whatz your thoughts on that.

If I go to tathkal in India get passport in 1 week and dates I get after 1 week and then I go to Stamping.Will they give me the passport within next day or they will take time again for 1 week.

My travel plan is only for 4 weeks..Thats why I'm scared.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X