Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canada to USA for work on H1b - Have approval notice valid till 2011

Hi,

I have a H1b approval notice from 2008 valid till 2011.Presently I am in Canada on work permit and would like to pursue jobs in USA using the H1B.

1) Is it possible to move directly from Canada to US using the H1B approval notice or do i need to go back to my home country to get stamped.

2) Is it possible to enter USA using visitor visa and then do COS to H1 status.

3) If I apply for a new H1B this year (the Cap being open) could I go directly from Canad to USA for work ?

Thanks

1) Is it possible to move directly from Canada to US using the H1B approval notice or do i need to go back to my home country to get stamped.

>>>>> You can, provided you already have a valid H1B stamp in your passport and your employer still have a job for you. If you don't have a prior H1B stamping, then it is advisable to go to the home country for stamping if you haven't done your college in U.S. Since you are already in Canada, you can try to get the stamping there. The worst that could happen is that the VO might ask you to go back to your home country to get it stamped.

2) Is it possible to enter USA using visitor visa and then do COS to H1 status.

>>>>> Possible. But B1 to H1B COS is not advisable.

3) If I apply for a new H1B this year (the Cap being open) could I go directly from Canad to USA for work ?

>>>>> Yes, after it gets approved and you get it stamped.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-08-2009, 04:03 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X