Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT-out of status = more than 120 days of unemployment;Problem during H1B stamping?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT-out of status = more than 120 days of unemployment;Problem during H1B stamping?

I will be going to Hyderabad for H-1B stamping in December. My OPT started in October 2008 and my H-1B status started in October 2009. I did not make use of the 17-month OPT extension.

From Jan-April, I worked for Company X. It was a shady consultancy. They did not pay me. I have no paystubs from them. They are even refusing to give me a letter that i worked for them during that period. I have no proof to show that I was employed during the above period.

From May-to date, I worked with company Y. It is a well-reputed big company. I am a direct full time employee here. They pay me without fail everymonth. I have 6 (May-Nov) paystubs.

I was not unemployed for more than 90 days during my OPT and maintained my status.

My question is that during my H1B visa interview, will I be asked about my first job with company X? Or, will it suffice to show them the paystubs(I will have 6) from my second job?
    BTW, I have no W2 since my employment started in 2009.

How seriously are they checking to see if a person was not umemployed for more than 90 days during his OPT? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X