documents for H1b stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• documents for H1b stamping

I plan to goto India next month for stamping.I checked in this forum the list of documents required and it mentioned the employer's income tax return for past two years etc. I asked my employer about it and they said they will directly send it to the consulate if asked? is it the correct process?

Read http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=69455

In case of a 221g, employer can send it directly as you have a reference number to tag the documents against.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Most employers will not give the company's W2 to their employees when they go for the visa interview. Yes, the employer can directly send it to the consulate if requested. The only problem is that you might receive a 221g requesting for additional documents (Company's w2) which could delay your stamping.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you both for the prompt reply.Yes I am in same dilemma.
        Also my concern is how long will it take for my employer to send across the W2. Will they be able to fax it or do they have to courier it? I was wondering what will the total time lag be in both scenarios in case I receive 221g for submitting additional documents

Comment

any suggestions for my 2 questions?

Comment

Also my concern is how long will it take for my employer to send across the W2.
            Well, that should be the question to your employer.

Will they be able to fax it or do they have to courier it?
            I would suggest that your employer send it through courier, so that you have a tracking number. FedEx can deliver in 3 days.

I was wondering what will the total time lag be in both scenarios in case I receive 221g for submitting additional documents
            There is no specific timeframe. The time lag is different for each case.

Originally posted by simplyshree View Post
            Thank you both for the prompt reply.Yes I am in same dilemma.
            Also my concern is how long will it take for my employer to send across the W2. Will they be able to fax it or do they have to courier it? I was wondering what will the total time lag be in both scenarios in case I receive 221g for submitting additional documents
            Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X