Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1 Stamping :Change of Status

Hi friends,
    My wife was on L2 and had been working from 1 yr.Her employed filed her H1 petition and was approved.It was change os Status from L2 to H1 from oct 1 st 2009.
    Now my question is, does she have to stamping out of country within a year of approval or continue on this change of status , as long as she wishes?
    If she has to go to stamping, does she have to go to home country or can she go to mexico or canada?

thanks for help!
    Shashi

Common question. If it is a COS, she is already on H1b and she can get a stamp only if she wants to travel outside the US.

There is no law mandating it be done before x months or so. If she has US education, a third country can handle it. If not, home country is suggested though many people get stamped in third country.

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

Originally posted by txh1b View Post
      Common question. If it is a COS, she is already on H1b and she can get a stamp only if she wants to travel outside the US.

There is no law mandating it be done before x months or so. If she has US education, a third country can handle it. If not, home country is suggested though many people get stamped in third country.
      Thanks for Quick reply.
      It was indeed helpful.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X