Travel to India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel to India

1. I will be travelling to India shortly for the first time after coming to US. I wanna know who would take the I-94 out of passport, I mean the airline official who issues boarding pass?

2. My itinerary would likely involve a domestic flight followed by an international carrier (say for example:

Flight 1; US airways from Atlanta to Newyork (Domestic flight)
    Flight 2; Air India from Newyork to New Delhi (International flight)

- Who would take the I-94 out (US airways official at Atlanta or the Air India official at Newyork)?
    - Will I be issued boarding pass for both the flights at Atlanta?
    - How about checking luggage, will it be booked from Atlanta for New Delhi?

1. I will be travelling to India shortly for the first time after coming to US. I wanna know who would take the I-94 out of passport, I mean the airline official who issues boarding pass?
    >>>>> Yes

2. My itinerary would likely involve a domestic flight followed by an international carrier (say for example:

Flight 1; US airways from Atlanta to Newyork (Domestic flight)
    Flight 2; Air India from Newyork to New Delhi (International flight)

- Who would take the I-94 out (US airways official at Atlanta or the Air India official at Newyork)?
    >>>>> Air India official at Newyork

- Will I be issued boarding pass for both the flights at Atlanta?
    >>>>> This depends on how you booked the ticket. If you have booked the ticket through US airways all the way from Atlanta to New Delhi, then you can collect all the boarding passes while boarding the flight in Atlanta. If you have booked the domestic flight separately and international flight separately, then you will be getting only the local boarding pass in Atlanta. Check with your airlines for more information.

- How about checking luggage, will it be booked from Atlanta for New Delhi?
    >>>>> The answer to this is same as above. If you have booked the tickets separately, then you need to collect your baggage in NewYork and check-in again. Check with your airlines.
    Last edited by shervin143; 11-20-2009, 11:24 PM.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

They will check in your bags all the way through to India, but you will get only one boarding pass through to NY first and will get the next one at NY where they will collect your I-94. This is because Air India flights are not code shared with any other airline. But this is not a problem.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Shervin and Kabkaba for help. From your posts what I can make out is:

Irrespective of whether both the boarding passes are issued at Atlanta or One at Atlanta and other and Newyork, in all probabilties, I-94 is always taken by the airline official just before boarding the international flight. Please correct me if I am not presuming right.

Because my sister will also be travelling after a while and she has her routes as:
        Domestic (Atlanta to Chicago) and international flight (Chicago to New Delhi). In this case both her flights are American Airlines. If she gets both the boarding passes at Atlanta, will she need to specifically go to AA counter in Chicago and tell them to take off I-94 from her passport by showing her second boarding pass that was issued at Atlanta?

Comment

Irrespective of whether both the boarding passes are issued at Atlanta or One at Atlanta and other and Newyork, in all probabilties, I-94 is always taken by the airline official just before boarding the international flight. Please correct me if I am not presuming right.

>>>>> That is correct.

Because my sister will also be travelling after a while and she has her routes as:
          Domestic (Atlanta to Chicago) and international flight (Chicago to New Delhi). In this case both her flights are American Airlines. If she gets both the boarding passes at Atlanta, will she need to specifically go to AA counter in Chicago and tell them to take off I-94 from her passport by showing her second boarding pass that was issued at Atlanta?

>>>>> She can do that. If not, they will take it off before she borads the flight. This is a common procedure and will be taken care by the airlines. However, just in case they miss to detach it from your passport, make sure it is handed over to the airlines officials before you borad the international flight. Also, have a copy of the I-94 for your future records.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X